Chapter 70 | The Fallout

A/N: This is going to be the last chapter of this story. As always with last chapters, I ask that you guys spam the fuck out of the comments. This will also be super long. For anyone who guessed the deaths right, I'll be giving you dedications on previous chapters!

I'm going to dedicate this one to dxvilsnight because they're both going to kill me and love me for shit going down in this chapter. I felt it was appropriate, considering what is going to happen. If you like the dark and gritty shit like this, you should go check out their fics, BTW.

Thank you all for your continuous support on this series, and all my other stories. I feel good putting this to bed finally. I may still write in the Extras book from time to time, but we'll see. If it weren't for all the love you guys give me, I wouldn't continue to write. I know some people will be sad to see this story go, buuuut there is another story replacing it. On Dec 20th I'll be releasing my first Sitkolson, titled Your Sweet Six Six Six. It'll be super cheesy, it's going to be great.

Again, thank you all so so fucking much. I hope you enjoy the final chapter of the Sanity series.

-Nøna

| | |

Most people would walk away at this point, but I know my friends. I know my family. We are all survivors. Look at the shit we've been through so far. It's been torture up until this point, with brief breaks of happiness. The overall picture of our lives is Hell. We're still here. I refuse to believe that under all that rubble, not a single person is still breathing. Of course, I was right.

I could hear some distribution from under a pile of rocks, glass, and books. The scream that came from beneath it gave me some relief. Ricky let out a very frustrated, "Mother fucker!" He's alive. I knew that was his voice. My love, he was alive. I started to pull back pieces of wall until some sunlight broke through to him. Being in his office, he was able to get under his desk for cover when the place blew. I offered him a hand to pull him out of the hole he'd been stuck in.

Ricky wrapped his arms around me as I pulled him up. He was covered in dust and ash. When his lips touched mine, I still didn't object. To feel his love meant more to me than getting a little dirt in my mouth.

"I love you." He beamed as we parted, "Fuck, I love you, Dev. So fucking much much. I'm so happy you're okay."

"I love you, too, Ricky. I thought..." I took in a deep breath and squeezed him tighter, "I thought I lost you. Mike and I, we were outside when it happened. I sent him to get help. Wh-What... What happened?"

He took a look around at all the destruction, "I really don't know. I... I was just working on my computer when it suddenly seized up. Someone else had control of it, and made the screen switch to security footage of the hanger. I watched it blow up, then I heard beeping in the wall. I got under my desk just in time for the fucking thing to blow."

"Whoever hacked into your computer was trying to warn you." I replied, "Maybe they managed to warn the others."

"We can only hope." He pointed towards the right, "You take that side, I'll go over here."

We had to face the reality that we could be looking for dead bodies. Knowing that I at least have Ricky and Kuza makes me somewhat at ease. If it was just me, I don't know what the fuck I'd do with myself. I may be a killer but I don't want to be lonely. No one wants that. When I initially got the text that Nikki had passed, that was a thought that ran through my head. Wherever Chris ended up in the afterlife, at least he's not alone.

Quickly, sound became by best ally. I listened for any sort of movement that was misplaced among the shifting. Keep in mind, most this mess was very dark. So, you can't blame me for walking past a ball of blackness. As I did walk past, I heard a little yipe. That made me turn back and realized I'd just overlooked little Toronto. The poor thing had his back end stuck under a massive rock.