Journey In New York

Chapter 14: Journey In New York

Cera. My bestfriend since we were in the third grade. I was at her house one day in the fourth grade, we were having a sleepover. We were watching disney princess movies in her room with her baby sister, she was only 1 at the time. We heard banging and yelling downstairs, Liam came in the room, red and puffy, like he was crying. I freaked out cause the yelling was even louder than before, her baby sister Rose, was crying.

"They're fighting again" Liam said scrunched up against the door hugging his knees. Cera had a disappointed look on her face.

"No. I  can't anymore. I can't put up with this anymore. I'm done" her mom yelled

"What are you going to do walk out on them?" her dad asked

"I'm taking them with me"

"No you're not"

"Yes I am. I gave birth to them and I'm their mother"

After that night, they never saw their mom again. 1 month later I went over to her house again, trying to comfort her about her mom not being there. The mail was scattered on the ground, I was guessing her dad wasn't home yet. She opened it up and started to bawl her eyes out. I looked at the paper she was looking at, it was a divorce paper.

"Let's go Mack" Cera said as we're were walking around like lost puppies

We've been looking for her mom, the only thing she has close to finding her, is the envelope that held the divorce paper. The reasons why Cera came with us to New York is because of 2 reasons. One is Mike and the other is her mom. She's been trying for years to find her but she never had an excuse to leave and if her dad finds out that she went to look for her mom, he'll sue her mom. Now she has an excuse to go to New York, instead of telling her dad about her mom, she said she wanted to spend it with me and Mike.

"C how are you sure that it's her place? That letter is so address from 8 years ago" I said catching up with her

"I know my mom and she would stay in the same place for as long as it takes"

"C" I stopped walking

She turned around "What?"

"Why don't we take a cab there?"

"Fine" she said rolling her eyes. She waved for a cab but none of them noticed her

"Let me try" I moved her back onto the sidewalk and I walked out on the street

"Mack!" she yelled as a cab was close to hitting me

"Relax Cera our ride is here"

"Are you crazy?" The cab driver yelled at me

"No I'm smart" I said as we got in "None of you were paying attention to my friend over here so what other way to get your attention then to almost get hit?"

He rolled his eyes and looked at the street "Where to?" C showed him the paper "That's a 2 hour drive do you guys have enough money for it?"

"How's this?" I asked showing him at least $100

"It will do. Let's just see how much it will take to get there before I take your money" I like this cab driver

I sat back and smiled "Where did you get that?" C asked wide eyes and everything

"Connor gave it to me before he left the room"

"Do you think you have enough to buy us some food? Cause I'm starving"