The Truth Comes Out

Please read the Author's Note in bold at the end of the this chapter

Chapter 27: The Truth Comes Out

A week past since the whole melt down with my stomach happened. The doctor said to stay in bed for a couple of days to see if the pain comes back and trust me it has. At the absolute worst time, my stomach starts aching and I hold it until the pain goes away and that last about 10 minutes.

I told Jake that I was in the hospital but they already told him, I wasted my breath. He would give me my assignments after his shift and stay with me until I have to go to bed, which is really sweet of him. Things are starting to get better between us, we're rarely fighting now.

If you're wondering, no, I did not get my results from the doctor. It's been killing me, I want to know if I am or not. Sloan said I scream at night and she tries to wake me up. She tells me that I scream every hour, yelling like someone was about to attack me.

Mom called me and told me she went to Jack's funeral last week. She said they cremated him and his mom pounced at her when she saw Maia. She said "You're the one who got him to be like this you bitch. You made my son commit suicide." I guess she did that because Maia looks like me. Talk about cruel and crazy.

I was laying in bed starring up at the ceiling. It was 10 in the morning and everyone's in class, which leaves me in my dorm all by myself with nothing to do. I would call C or Aly but their either in school or have things to do since their Seniors

*Ring* *Ring*

Being the lazy bum, I am instead of getting up, I reached for my phone on my desk. I finally got it and saw an unknown number calling

"Hello?"

"Hello? Mackayla. This is Dr. Winters"

I sat up "Yes?"

"I have your test results"

This is it Mack. This might change your life forever.

"You're results are negative"

What?

"You're not pregnant" she said while streamed down my face

Yes. I'm not pregnant.

Wait a minute.

"Why do I keep having abdominal pain?" I asked

"When you were raped were you ever hit around the abdominal area?"

"Yes"

"Well if there's anything that triggers your brain to recall those memories, maybe that's the reason why you've been having abdominal pain"

"I'm not following"

"If there's something that makes you remember what happened while you were raped, you start to relive the pain"

I finally got it

"You may return to your studies tomorrow if you like"

"Well thank you Dr. Winters"

"You're welcome Mackayla" I ended the call and laid back

It's great that I'm not pregnant but I need to get away for awhile. I need it to stop, everything.

I got up and started packing, just for a few days. I need a ride out of town, but who can I call?

"Mack?" I turned around to see Sloan, Caleb, and Jake at the door "What's going on?" Sloan said walking closer to me