Chapter Four

Noah's Story age 10

He had been jumping from foster homes to another. He was a trouble maker. He didn't care about anything. The foster parents couldn't handle him. They were frightened of his rage. He would fight for the fun of it then go to his so called home with a bloody face but a deadly smile. They couldnt take it. They kicked him out. He was in an alley when Rossana found him. He tried mugging a man but the man beat him and left him there coughing blood. Then he heard a gentle yet strong voice, "Why would you try to fight someone bigger then you?" He turned and saw her. He glared, "Shut up! Who the hell are you to get in my business! Go away!" Then he felt a punch in the face, "You son of a bitch! Don't speak to her that way!" He started punching the kid back then all of a sudden they were separated by a punch in the gut. They both gasped and fell to the floor. They cursed. The kid spoke, "Dammit Rose! That f##cking hurt!" Noah looked at her. She smirked at the kid, "Come on Jack. It wasn't that hard. I didn't even use my real strength." Noah's eyes widened. What the hell! She had more strength! She looked at him. Curiosity was on her face as if she was trying to figure him out. Noah glared at her but she just smiled. His eyes widened. Then her hand was in front of him, "Would you like a home?" His eyes widened at her words. "What makes you think i dont have a home." Her smile vanished and for some reason he didn't want her to stop smiling. "If you have a home. Then what the f##k are you doing here!?" His eyes widened at the crude words that came from her mouth. A beautiful girl like her shouldn't speak like that. He glared, "Don't cuss. Girls shouldn't speak such ugly words." She smiled with her hand still out, "Then come with us. I won't say them unless you come with us." He looked at her curiously, "How do i know that you will not kill me." She blinked twice then burst out laughing. The boy next to him smirked. "Because if i wanted to kill you." She took a step closer, "I would have allready done it." Her smile was gone as she said those words. He looked at the old lady then back at them. He took her hand and she helped him up with a smile. "I'm Rossana. But you can call me Rose." The punk spoke, "No! Only i can call you that! You just met this jerk! How can you trust him and get so close to him allready!" Noah smirked and put his arm around her, "Guess I've become her favorite." The boy she called Jack growled and came charging towards Noah but Rossana tripped him and he fell then she grabbed Noah and swept his feet from under him making him fall on his butt. They both glared at her but then she started laughing. Noah sighed and got up. Jack got up and took his hand out. Noah looked at him as if he was crazy. "If i don't make truce with you she will kill me. And you. So. I'm Jack." Noah looked at Rossana and she just smiled he turned to him and shook his hand, "Noah." Rossana clapped her hands and got between them enterwining her arms around theirs. "We are family now. And we protect family. We are one. Never forget that." We walked to the foster home. The foster lady said that her name was Fabia and that her husbands name was John. We went to the foster house and were met with another girl screaming Rossana's name, "Rose! Why did you leave me! Jack keeps taking you away!" Rossana let us go, "Sarah. This is Noah. He will be living with us from now on. Noah this is Sarah. She is family as well." I watched as they talked about how she found me. Then Rossana tugged on my arm, "Come! I'll show you your room!" We went upstairs and she opened a door. My eyes widened at the king sized bed. I looked at her to see if she was joking but her smile turned to confusion, "I'm not lying. You are family now. Family protects and care for each other. I promised I'll take care of you. I keep my promises." She pointed to the room across mine, "That is my room and the one beside mine is Jacks. I share my room with Sarah. But sometimes Jack comes and sleeps with us." I glare at Jack while he smirks, That's right. I'm her favorite." Rose slaps him at the back of his head and i smirked at him as he glared. Then the girl, Sarah starts laughing. They started arguing. I didn't know i was smiling until rose looked at me with a smile, "I got you to smile!" I smirked. Then sarah groaned, "Man. We have another boy that thinks he's all that!" I looked at her, "I don't think. I know I'm all that." She rolls her eyes then we all start laughing. I look at Rosanna. She saved me and i came to want to protect her and Sarah. Because like she said. We are family. That's how i came from having nothing to having a family. All thanks to Rosanna.