Chapter 15- Perfect or Not (Special Date)

Larry POV

When we arrived at Maman's house, I quickly paid and tipped the cab driver, as I walked over to Truce's door to let her out and guide her towards the passenger side of my truck. Of course, she gave me a look of confusion, as I winked at her, ensuring her to trust me.

"I'll be right back and non answer you phone if the crew calls, oki?" I insist as she nodded her response. "You promise?" I further pushed as she turned her phone off right in front of me and put it back on her lap. I smiled as I then ran into my mother's home. Maman was asleep on the couch with my daughter and niece (also asleep) in her arms. I walked over and softly kissed my favorite girls on their foreheads, being extra careful not to wake them.

Upon entering the kitchen, I saw my oldest sister, Elo, washing tonight's dishes, as I kissed her cheek and continued to draw wine from the cabinet. I then got Maman's picnic basket and pack a bit of food that still hadn't been touch from tonight's dinner. Along with some fruit, plates, napkins, eating utensils and wine glasses. Elo seemed to want to draw out a full conversation, but instead, I kissed her cheek again and assured her that we would spend time together during this trip back home.

I instantly felt bad at her disappointment, the fact that Lau and I spent way too much time on the road and barely any time with our family. For that, I could understand Elo's disappointment and promised her a day for just my niece, Lilo, her and me to do whatever they wanted, even if it included taking them shopping. Her face lit up as she hugged me full with excitement and let me off the guilty hook.

I took off to my room to grab my iPod (that had a special playlist I made earlier just for this night) and the attachment speaker, as I finally took off back to Truce. When I got back to the car I noticed she had fallen asleep, which was perfect since I didn't have to blindfold her like I contemplated on doing. As I loaded up the trunk of my car, my phone vibrated (for what seemed like the hundredth time) either a text notification or missed call. I had been ignoring it this whole time, figuring it could have only been messages from an angry Lau or Lylah and I decided now would be a good time to turn my phone off as well.

I brought the phone to my eyesight as it read 20 missed called and 4 missed text messages. Most were from Lau and Lylah, as expected, asking "What the heck did I think I was doing?" and "Why I non answer my phone?" But the main messages that shook me to the core and gave me chills were from her.

Text Conversation

Melissa: "Hey baby why aren't you answering your phone? Call me back, please."

Melissa: "Larry seriously baby call me back I have a huge surprise. I'm so excited."

"Fuck" I have to tell her tonight," I thought to myself. I shook off the bad feeling the text messages had given me and hop into the car. Just my luck Truce was still sound asleep. I stared at how beautiful she was and thought how was I going to tell her about Melissa. I badly didn't want to lose Truce. I loved this feeling she was giving me and I didn't want to let this go.

My stomach started to turn as I thought more and more of what it would be like to tell her the truth. I ended up letting out an agitated groan that was louder then I attended it to be, as I laid my head on the steering wheel.

"Baby you ok? I'm sorry I fell asleep. I'm up now I promise?" She whispered as she rubbed the side of my face. I took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"I'm non perfect Truce," I whispered as she laughed out loud, shocking me at her reaction.

"Larry you act like we haven't known each other almost our whole life. I know you're no angel. I watched you grow and heard a couple of things here and there while I was gone. But one thing that I do know is your heart; I'm choosing to trust and love you base on that. Do you love me, Larry?"