Chapter 26 (Part 2)- No Matter How Many Times

For our Love Chapter 26 (Part 2)- No Matter How Many Times. 

Truce POV 

Truce POV 

Flashback  

"TRUCE," yelled my mother as I panicked. I was specifically told never to be caught doing this again and if she caught me in action now, I knew I would for sure be grounded this time. "Truc- what in the." Busted 

"Mom-" 

"What is it about you and my wedding dress? Didn't I spank your tail when you were little and forbid you never to touch this dress again." 

"Yes Maman (Mom)," I whispered. 

"I can't hear you." 

"YES MAMAN (Mom)," I yelped. 

"You know how hard it was for me to remove the ketchup stains your little 9 yr old fingers left on it before?   

"No mom," I pouted as I rolled my eyes.  

"Wait a min, you have the nerve to have an attitude and you're the one who is defying me. Girl what planet do you live on. 

"I'm sorry mommy, it's just that I love this dress and Nala's mom let's her wear hers." 

"Am I Nala's maman or yours?" 

"Mine mom, but please hear me out," I pleaded as she nodded her head for me to continue. "Well, you know prom is coming soon and look," I said while spinning around. "This dress fits me so well now. I mean granted I won't be wearing the veil, but please mom can I wear it," I pleaded as she shook her head. "Awww mommy why not?" I whined. 

"If I tell you will you respect it? Because if not I'm not going to waste my time with this Truce. So you could either respect my truth, as I give it to you or I could just exercise my authority now and we can be done with this. Now do you want the truth?" 

"Yes Maman I do," I sincerely answered. 

"The reason I say no is for the exact reason why you love that dress my dear." 

"Huh?" I asked confused. 

"Since the day you first laid eyes on my dress you were drawn to it and you don't think I hear both you and Nala going on and on about your wedding one day?" She confessed as I blushed from embarrassment. "I gonna have a dress just like my mommies," she mocked as I burst out laughing. "So if you ruin the dress now, you won't have it for your special day." 

"But what if I never get married ma," I whined. "Shoot the way Laurent is moving-" 

"Um excuse me?" 

"Oh sorry mom," I chuckled. 

"Um, hum missy, I'm still your mother and I don't want to hear about no darn boys, your too young for boys," she stated with her arms crossed as I chuckled at her silliness. I was 17 now and my mom had to have known that this day would've come sooner or later.