Chapter 7 - Bethany

**Bethany**

I touched Tori on the hand and we both understood the message- Let's go.

We leapt out the window and yelled as we fell, "Innocence, activate!" And our claws sprang to life. The strange thing is.... The more I activate, the more crystal the claw is made of. It's like... the crystalized Innocence is slowly growing down my arm.

"Wait!" I heard Allen yell, then he leapt out the window after us. We watched him flip so that he wasn't flailing in the air, instead, that he had his head towards the ground- skydiver style.

Tori and I liked this idea, and copied it. As we started getting closer to the ground, I thought through the act of me jumping out the window and realized it was an EXTREMELY stupid idea, I mean, HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO LAND?!

Tori pushed her hands out in front of her, making the "pencil" dive-type-move-thing and I decided- Hey, it's worth a try. I did the copied her, and as soon as I reached the ground, I did a graceful handstand and landed on my feet. Tori landed on her hands and feet, making her look like an animal of some sort, but it wasn't a bad landing at all. Allen JUST HAD TO stick the landing in the spiderman position.

Allen activated his Innocence, which was still his huge white claw. When I saw this, I sighed, but left it alone.

It's not the crown clown, I thought, but Allen just gave me a questioning look, then turned to the three cat akuma.

"Look at these Exorcists meow!"

"They look pretty tasty meow!"

"Let's get them meow!" Each one took their turn speaking. After doing said speaking, they strategically spread themselves out and trapped us in a slowly closing circle. Allen, Tori and I stood back-to-back, each of our Innocences activated.

"We'll each take the one that's directly in front of us, okay?" I whispered to the group. Allen and Tori nodded, and we all charged.

I sprinted to my target, and jumped over it (even though it was pretty tall). I stabbed it in the back and then I sliced right through it.

"Thanks," The deceased soul of a man whispered. I grinned at him, then looked over at how well Allen and Tori were doing. Tori was fine, until a few more akuma joined the fight, all Level 2s. Tori and Allen were cornered by then, and a fiery anger filled my insides. I Exorcist sprinted/jumped in front of them, where the akuma were closing in. I held out my arms in a similar fashion that I did at my school in order to protect my gym class, but this time, I was protecting people even more important to me. I thought, Innocence, I need to get rid of them all. Will you aid me? and as if in response, the Innocence glowed green and my own blood started flowing into my claw, but my blood was tinted green. This didn't concern me at all, it was like I was posessed by the Innocence.

As my blood fed my claws, my entire body glowed green. The akuma stared at me like I was insane and/or the craziest creature that had ever existed. Because of this, I grinned evilly.

Innocence, activate Level 2! I screamed inside my head, and a bright flash of white and green light left me and my friends blinded. Once the light dissapeared, we watched the akuma drop like flies after being touched by the Innocence's light. Allen and Tori just stared at me like I was a foreign object.

"Wow," Allen whispered, "That's quite a talent you've got there."

Tori gave me a huge hug, "Thank you so much. I have no idea what we would've done without you," And as she hugged me, she said under her breath, "You maximum synchronization rate can't possibly be 94%. Did Hevlaska lie for you too?"