Chapter 16 - Tori

I walked out into the forest which had been the source of the rumors about the akuma.

"Tori-chan, do you think that the akuma are attracted here because of an Innocence?" Lavi asked for my opinion.

"I think so. I just hope that it's not a trap." And that was when I jinxed us.

"That would be a problem, wouldn't it?" Lavi grinned. He was so lucky to be... happy. I felt like when I was away from Bethany, a piece of my very soul was missing. It was funny how some friends did that- You like them so much that you feel empty without them. It's like lovers, except you love eachother in different ways.

Lavi waved a hand in front of my face.

"Helloooooo~? Is anyone theeere~?" He continued his hand-waving-in-front-of-my-face.

"I'm here, don't worry," I joked.

"That's a relief," He laughed. I was laughing too, until I sensed akuma.

Lots of them.

"Lavi, ON YOUR GUARD!" I screamed, and several hundred akuma surrounded us.

"Um.... Tori? I don't think we can take on this much..." Lavi stuttered.

"If Bethany was here, I'm pretty sure we could have taken them," I muttered. Bethany's flash-y move was convient in situations like this.

"I'm afraid that you won't be able to handle this much," A familiar voice called out from a tree.

Tyki Mikk. Aka from the Clan of Noah.

"Who are you?!" Lavi looked alarmed.

"Tyki Mikk," I answered, "He's a Noah."

"Oh, ho ho! Someone knows quite a bit about me~!" Tyki didn't seem the least bit surprised.

"Heh," I thought about D. Gray-Man and replied, "You could say that I've almost read a book about everyone in this entire... World."

"Interesting choice of words, little Exorcist. I wonder what exactly you mean by that?" He grinned. I realized then that Teez was floating towards Lavi, who reached his finger out to it.

I whacked his hand away, then whacked him in the back of the head. Teez retreated to Tyki, who laughed.

"What do you think you're doing?! Aren't you supposed to be a Bookman?!" I yelled.

"What do you mean?!" Lavi looked confused.

"That's a Teez. They eat human organs once they touch you!" I screeched.

Tyki looked slightly surprised at my knowledge that I showed off this time, and asked, "How do you know that, little Exorcist?"

"Like I said, it's like I read a book." I glared at the "man" who tried to kill Lavi.

"You're an interesting one, Tori." Tyki smirked like he thought I would be surprised that he knew my name.

"You already heard Lavi say my name. And you're Noah. Nothing's surprising anymore," I stared at the Noah, emotionless.

"If you know so much, then why don't you defeat all the akuma around us?" Tyki extended his arm and showed off the demons.

"Because I know I can't," I felt my eyes turning slightly green.

"Smart move," Tyki stated, "But what if your friend was in danger?" And with that, Lavi was picked up by a level 3 and held captive.

My eyes started glowing a darker green and I said, "Innocence, Activate! Level 2!"

:Yes, Mistress.:

So my Innocence has a voice?

:Yes.:

I'm not surprised at anything anymore. Let's fight to get back Lavi!

:Yes, Mistress!:

My fingers became vines and I whipped around the akuma.

"Tori!" Lavi called, "Behind you!"

I ducked and cut through the demon with my vines.

"Ah! Good save," Tyki the troll commentated.

"Shut it!" I screeched over the akuma's dying wails.

"But it is much too fun!" I could hear his grin.

"SCREW YOU!" I screamed again, and released Lavi from his Level 3 prison. He instantly activated his hammer, level 2, and firey snakes erupted from the ground once again.

:Mistress, the Noah's goal is not to kill you, but to capture you!:

Why does he want to capture me?

:Mistress, you're going to be bait.:

Bait for what?! What could the Earl possiby want so badly as to need to capture me?!

:The person the Earl wants is the person who is most precious to you.:

Please don't tell me...

:Mistress, the Earl wants Bethany.:

~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH, DEM PLOT TWISTS! AND YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT A FEW CHAPTERS BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I so evil >:D

But anyways....sorry for the short chapter, I don't like writing them as much, but I needed to make this one a little shorter so I could fit it in my strict number of chapters that I have, if that makes any sense :P And if it doesnt, thats okay. My brain is a realm that not many choose to enter.

This is Flaming_Rose, signing out!