Chapter 9 - Bethany

I waltzed out with my Exorcist uniform on, lookin' like a bawss.

"You ready?" Allen was in his coat.

"Yeah, sure! Where are we going?" I asked as Allen pushed the boat off the docks.

"Brazil."

"WHAT?!" I had baaaad memories of Brazil...

(*Flashback*)

**Field Trip to Brazil (DONT ASK HOW, ITS A RICH HIGH SCHOOL)**

"Hey, you there! Stop!" A man screamed. I kept running- I hadn't taken the jewelry piece he said I took.

"Get that girl!" He yelled towards the police, "She took the necklace!" He pointed to the ornate deisgned necklace my grandma had given me for my 10th birthday.

"It's mine! You stole it from me, so I took it back!" I screeched as the police kept chasing me. The police in this country are so corrupted, I thought as I sprinted through an alleyway.

"Now, who is this girl wandering around here?" A pervy voice asked me. I realized that is was a boy dressed in all black, similar to me. He started walking towards me, and I screamed, "GAAAH! I HAVE A VERY BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS GUY!!!" And I sprinted away. His face fell, and ran after me. I eventually found my school group, and ran to hide behind my friends.

"People in this country are scary," I whispered behind Ally.

"What happened?!" Ally started to give me a hug, but stopped since I flinched.

"First, someone accused me of stealing a necklace when HE STOLE IT FROM ME and when I took it back he called the police on me! Then, as I was running from the police, some perv started to come after me with dirty thoughts on his mind, but then I ran away and now I have the police and a random perv on my tail!!! Help me!!!" I spilled my thoughts really quickly. The pervy 19 year old stopped as my friends Ally and Megan stepped in front of me protectively. He scanned them over, no doubt more dirty thoughts, and we looked at eachother and sprinted towards the teacher.

"Mrs. Blae, help us please!" The three of us said in unison.

"What is it?!" She replied, and then listened to my story. Then, she heard Meg and Ally's points of view, and walked up to the police. She whispered something to them, and they shook their heads. They grabbed her arms and started dragging her to their car to arrest her, and I jumped in and knocked all three officers out with a kick in the head. I grabbed Mrs. Blae and the entire class ran to the airport.

And that's how I became a wanted fugitive in Brazil.

(*Flashback over*)

"I really don't want to go to Brazil. Can we go anywhere else?!" I panicked after explaining the situation to Allen. He seemed slightly startled with the thought of me being a fugitive in the very place we have to go, but he shook his head. He seemed to have remembered something, and opened a case. A glittery, silver version of Timcanpy started floating over towards me.

"OHMYGOSHSHE'SADORABLE!!!" I squealed, and Allen laughed.

"Are you going to name her?" He asked.

"Definitely... Hm... Timcanpy is named after a jewelry company..." I muttered so quietly that Allen could only hear "Timcanpy", then I declared a name(even if it's not a jewelry company name), "Shiruba!"

"What does that mean?" Allen asked.

"It means 'Silver'. Creative, right?" I laughed.

"Very," Allen laughed along.

~"~"~

"WHY THE HECK ARE WE TAKING A ROWBOAT TO THE SHORE?!" I was frustrated. I mean, Allen was the one rowing, but it was taking forever.

"Do you have any suggestions?" Allen sounded tired, and I instantly felt bad. I decided- Hey, how about I make it easier for him?

I thought, Innocence, I need something to row the boat with. Activate! And my hands turned into huge, crystal paddles. Allen stared at me like I was an alien, but he smiled afterward. I started paddling with my arms, and we progressed towards the shore much quicker.

We slid the boat onto the landmass and for some reason, it started floating back to the location of the Black Order.

"Um... Allen? Is the boat supposed to be doing that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, don't worry. Now... We have a train to catch in about... FIVE MINUTES!" Allen yelled, then took off. I stood there for a moment, stunned, then I sprinted to catch up to him.

Eventually, we leapt on top of the train. There was a very startled worker as we slid ourselves through a window. He took one look at the symbol on our chests (Black Order's Rose) and showed us to the first class section. Allen and I took a room, and read through our information on the case. Apparently, there was a legend about a zombie that harmed people on the streets. Our job was to find this "zombie" and see what it was. Our finder sat outside of the room, but Allen was to engrosed in the pamphlet to notice that Rosen (aka the Finder) was sitting outside.

I sighed, "You can come in, you know."

The door opened, "Really?" The man asked.

"Of course! We aren't like Kanda," I said, and Allen started cracking up at the sound of Kanda's name (*cough cough* I GAVE HIM A HUGGIE!). I joined in and watched a very confused Rosen stare at us strangely.

"Oh, it's just that I gave Kanda a hug before we left for this mission," I grinned at his horrified but amazed facial expression.

"I officially serve thee as of today," Rosen said with a straight face, then grinned to show he was joking.

"Dangit! I was hoping to have a faithful slave as of today," I grinned back at him. He would definitely be more funny to be around than Allen, even though it was really easy to make Allen laugh. Having him around, laughing about everything I said, it made me feel really great :D>(<--Thats a beard :P).

That being said, Allen laughed and turned back to his pamphlet.

"So.... Why do you automatically think we're all like Kanda?" I asked him, actually curious about this.

"Well... I'm usually Kanda-sama's finder. This is the first time I haven't been Kanda-sama's finder." He answered awkwardly.

"Well," I started, "Allen and I are nice people," I elbowed Allen, bring him back to Earth and gritting my teeth as I said it, "Right, Allen?"

Allen laughed yet again (Hence him making me feel like I'm hilarious), and said, "Riiight. You're the nicest person I've ever met."

I stared at him.

"Wait- Did you just... USE SARCASM?!" I was greatly alarmed by this scientific discovery, "Lock the doors, board up the windows, hug your children for ALLEN WALKER HAS USED SARCASM. IT'S THE APOCOLYPSE!"

They both laughed at my quirky-ness.

"You know what? I like you," Rosen grinned. Allen just smiled and nodded his head.

Well, I learned one thing- Giving a Kanda a hug=Unending respect.

~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~

I'm literally listening to "Doubt & Trust" by Access right now (Aka DGM intro song #3) AND I CAN SING ALONG. CAN YOU?

This is Flaming_Rose, signing out!