Chapter 21 - Bethany/Allen

**Beth's POV**

I stared at my friend.

<She's right, you know.> 

That's the problem. 

<Are you ashamed to have her fight at your side?> 

No. 

<Then what is it?!> 

I don't want her to get hurt. 

<You can't protect her from everything.> 

 ... 

<She's an Exorcist too.> 

Sayuri won the battle.

"Fine, you can help me," I grinned at her, "Just don't get in my way." 

"I would never, " She laughed.

"Are you quite done yet♥?" The Earl said in his silly voice.

"Yes, actually!" I said and raced towards him.

"So you're going to fight me♥? I do hope you lose♥!" Millennie giggled.

<And I want to murder your face with a gigantic spoon.> I hadn't realized that Sayuri had spoken aloud.

"That's not very nice♥! You should learn your manners♥!" The Earl reached into the air and grabbed Lero. I knew what would happen next- He would pull out his sword and attack.

"Innocence, level 2!" Tori yelled, and Lero was snatched from air the vines that replaced her fingers.

"What are you doing lero?!" The pink umbrella protested.

"Keeping the sword away from the Millennium Earl," I smirked smugly.

"Smart kids♥,"  The Earl laughed, "But can you withstand my dark matter♥?" He shot those little purple balls of evil at us, which Tori easily dodged. I, on the other hand, laughed as I avoided them.

"Tch." Tori pulled a Kanda. I recognized this and grinned.

"I'm glad that you're not making this easy♥," The Earl reached out a fat hand and Lero came flying to him, changing into the broadsword.....

"Well crap." I stated the obvious.

"Thats a good way of putting it," Tori smiled grimly.

"And we're on even ground yet again, little Exorcists♥," If the Millennium Earl could grin more, he would have done so here.

"And that's what I have a problem with," I rolled my eyes.

~"~"~

**Allen's POV**

"YOU LEFT THEM THERE?!" I screamed at Lavi. He flinched.

"Well, yes. I did." Lavi stared straight into my eyes.

"Do you have NO loyalty for your friends?!" I was surprised at myself. I almost never raised my voice on my comrades.

"I do, but I thought they were following me out!" Lavi yelled back.

"What happened?! Where's Bethany?!" Bethany's father came running towards us. I guess he just followed me when we left the train station.

"Um..." Lavi stared at the ground.

"Did she leave you behind to fight?" He asked sadly.

"Yes. And we need to find a way to where they are, or else I have a feeling they're going to get themselves hurt." I muttered.