Chapter 23 - Tori/Bethany

**Tori's POV**

I opened my eyes slowly, my vision blurry at first.

"Where... Where am I?" I slurred, still sleepy. I was enveloped in a hug by someone who was familiar, but I couldn't remember who.

"Oh my gosh, Tori, are you okay?!" Her blonde hair hung down as she stared at me.

"Yeah... Who are you?" My voice was still groggy.

"It's me, your Innocence, Akahana." Her reply was short.

"HANA!" I shot up, only to be greeted by a pounding headache.

"Please, mistress, don't do that!" Hana looked at me, worried.

"O-Okay..." My voice trailed off.

She smiled kindly and said, "Are you feeling alright?"

"Um..." I thought about it for a moment and then realized that I felt a shocking pain in my right arm, "OW!"

"Mistress!" She cried, "Are you okay?!"

"Yeah," I grunted, "Fine."

"Maybe you should try to sleep some more..." Akahana smiled and pushed my shoulders back down onto the soft bed.

I quickly fell into a vast, horrifying, deep sleep.

~"~"~

"Bethany! Bethany!" I was in the dark room again, where TVFTS (you remember them, right?) and NVFTS talked to us. Bethany's figure was in the distance, but she didn't make any move towards me. In fact, she completely ignored me.

"BETHANY!" I screamed, and she turned to me with angry but innocent eyes.

"What?" She snapped. Her voice was hostlile and mean, cruel in every shape possible.

"...Bethany?" I was confused. Why was she acting like this towards her best friend?

"Is that all you can say?" She rolled her eyes and turned from me, "My name?"

"Is that really you, Beth?!" I was startled. Surely this couldn't be...

"Yes, my name is Bethany. I don't know why you won't just leave me alone, but for whatever reason, just... STOP! I don't have time for your antics, so please just get out of here!" She screamed. My eyes filled with tears.

"Why, Bethany?" I whispered.

"Why what?" Her voice was filled with disgust.

"Why are you being so mean to me?" I stared into her silver eyes.

"I don't understand." Her response shocked me. What does she mean...?

"What dont you understand?!" I stared at her.

"Why you're acting like I'm your friend?! I don't even know you!" 

And my nightmare ended.

~"~"~"~

**Beth's POV**

I appeared in the dark room. I kept thinking, Why am I here? Where's Tori? Where's Sayuri? and questions such as that. Pictures started flashing around in my face, slowly at first, but it slowly increased. Every akuma battle, every bonding moment with my fellow Exorcists, every single sisterly hug I got from Tori... All stacked one atop another in my mind. Then, they slowly started dissapearing, dissolving into stardust.

My memories of all those moments faded in my mind, until I remembered nothing at all about Allen, Lavi, Lenalee, Kanda... except for what I'd read in the mangas. 

And worst of all, every single memory of Tori was gone.

"I'm so sorry," A voice in the sky sounded sad, "But it's for your own good. You're loving the people around you too much."

~"~

"Why are you acting like I'm your friend?! I don't even know you!" I screamed at the strange girl in front of me. She seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it...

Her eyes filled with tears.

"Bethany... Don't you remember me?" She whispered, and the tears fell down her face. I felt sad for a moment, but shook off the emotion. It wasn't needed and it DEFINITELY wasn't wanted.

"No." I replied harshly, and stormed away.

And then, I woke up.

~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~

Gomen'nasai for the short chapter, but I just COULDNT RESIST the cliffhanger. Plus, I just dont have time to update whenever I want nowadays, I have school to worry about. But anyways...

Thanks for reading!

This is Flaming_Rose, signing out <3 !!!