Chapter 18

September 25 2017

BELLA

When I got home I was shocked to see Isaac standing shirtless at the stove, with smoke coming from the frying pan where he was cooking something.

I didn't want to. Okay who am I kidding I totally wanted to. But I guess I couldn't help but look at Isaacs toned body.

I haven't seen him and all his physique since we did stuff together, and back then I wasn't really in it for the right reasons, but now looking at him. He's just sort of breathtaking.

"Uh- hey." I mumbled awkwardly, trying to avert my eyes to my shoes.

"I'm making dinner for us." He said once I set my bag down. I looked on the counter to see the bag of frozen chicken nuggets.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?" I asked curiously.

Not that mind, at all.

"The oil kept getting on it, so I took it off. It's also really hot in here." He explained. I peered over his shoulder, to see a pot of hot oil being boiled with the chicken nuggets inside.

"Isaac what exactly are you doing?" I laughed, and he took a pair of tongs and pulled out a deformed chicken nugget from the hot oil.

"Making chicken nuggets?" He said as more of a question.

"In oil?" I asked.

"I knew that wasn't how you do it." He scolded himself and switched off the oven and put the tongs down. "You don't have anything else to eat do you?" I shook my head. He ran his hand over his chest and my breath hitched.

He took notice to that and paused for a second before walking over to me, and cupping my face in his hand. Hesitantly, he placed his lips against mine, and I was more than shocked from the abruptness but I went along with it anyway.

I haven't kissed anyone since Justin. In fact I haven't done anything with anyone since Justin. Sadly the reason is because I am oh so pathetically waiting for him if that makes any sense.

Justin was my first time, my first real time actually, and I want to hold onto that, so I waited for him.

Even though I guess I shouldn't have because he clearly didn't even wait a week until he was already married. But that's the point, the point is that Isaacs lips are on mine.

His pretty pink lips were pressed to my full ones in a hot and passionate kiss and I did my best to respond, but I was so taken back by the feeling of his lips on mine.

He pulled away leaving me wanting more, and I opened my eyes to be met his big brown dough ones that made me get lost.

"Hi." I mumbled softly. Oh god, dig me into a hole and never let me come out. "I still-"

"I know you love him. And I just- I want to make sure you're still my best friend. I know you don't have feelings for me like that, but if I'm going to be thinking about kissing you I need to get it out of the way so while I'm staying here I'm not going to go crazy. But I still want to be your friend, and I'm not gonna ask for more than that." He said.

I never saw myself as Isaacs girlfriend, I don't think I'm right for the job and I don't think I could satisfy him as he wanted. Platonically and you know not. I still love Justin, and he knows that, but I also like the feeling of lips on mine.

The feeling of Isaac's lips on mine.

"I'm still gonna kiss you from time to time though. Actually whenever I want, and you want too. As long as you want me to kiss you, my lips are here for the taking." He laughed, and I nodded.