Chapter 21

October 5, 2017

JUSTIN

The meeting with Oliver couldn't have gone any better than it did. I owe a lot of it to Bella because while I was on the phone conference she was there reminding me of some key points I needed, and helping me throughout the whole thing.

If the official meeting goes well today, Bella and I are going for a celebratory dinner. She said it makes more sense to do it after the actual interview which I agree on.

My meeting with Oliver is at ten o'clock, and I am. very nervous for many reasons. One is that I don't want to mess this up, and I also really want him as a part of my 'team'- Bella came up with her own lingo for the merger and that's how she separated my staff and Stephie's.

The other reason is that Bella won't be in the room with me. Something happened at one of the stores in Beverly Hills today and unfortunately, I can't be there so she has to go and handle the crisis on my behalf.

She's nervous too because this is technically the first thing she's ever done without me, and it's a pretty big deal.

"Okay, so we're going to work on finding the clothes and handling the budgeting for today. Is there anything you need me to do specifically? I really don't want to mess this up." I shook my head and went through the email that the store manager had sent us again.

"If anything gets too much, or if things get too complicated then just tell them to reschedule and I'll go myself. But if it all goes smoothly than you can handle it, don't take on anything if you feel unsure okay?" She nodded her head.

"You'll do fine today? Remember we talked finances on Friday, today you need to get personal, kiss his ass but keep reminding him that you've got other people who'd want to work for you just as badly." I grabbed her bag and handed it to her, and she picked up my coffee from my desk and placed it in my hand. "I'll call you, see you later Mr. Bieber, knock em' dead and all that jazz." I laughed and then she went off.

I have a few more hours before the meeting so I'll be spending that time going over everything that I've already prepared, and making sure nothing is repetitive and not too mechanical.

By nine o'clock I had practically memorized everything I wrote down and I felt more than ready. Now it's just a process of waiting.

On Thursday Bella gave me this big burst of confidence when it came to making a name for my company and I want to incorporate that into my meeting with Oliver.

The office phone rang taking me away from my thoughts and I quickly answered it to see who it was.

"Mr. Bieber, there's someone downstairs for you. He says he needs to speak to you right away." Greta giggled.

"Well can you tell them that they need to book an appointment. I'm very busy today." I sighed. It's so easy to book an appointment I don't know why so many people have such a tough time with it.

"I think you want to see him, sir." I exhaled again, this better be fucking life changing.

"I'll go down myself." I rolled my eyes. I don't know what compelled me to go downstairs, but I'm hoping this isn't some waste of time because I have a very important thing today and I need to focus on that.

When I reached the lobby I didn't see anyone who looked like they were waiting for me, which made me really pissed off. That was until I heard a loud familiar voice yell through the lobby.

"Justy!" All the security looked at me as the little boy rushed past them and jumped into my arms.

"Noah? Hey, buddy... what are you doing here?" I haven't seen Noah since before Bella's graduation and I didn't really expect to see him again. I had hung out with Anthony, but it's kind of obvious I'm really allowed and the house so whenever we did see each other it was always at my place.