Chapter 19

September 28 2017

JUSTIN

It was almost eight o'clock on Monday morning, and I'm at home laying in bed. I didn't feel like getting up early, so I texted Bella and told her I would be at work a little later than usual.

I didn't have anything planned for today, except my meeting with Oliver, and that wasn't until later on. I was sitting at my kitchen table, I wore my black suit and I was fixing my tie.

My wife came in, with her skirt and blouse fixing her earrings and placing a kiss towards my cheek.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, opening the fridge and pouring herself a glass of juice.

I had a rough night yesterday. Full of nightmares, that I couldn't shake. I couldn't tell Stephie, for one I wasn't comfortable with that and another reason was that I just didn't want to tell her. I knew she wouldn't be able to help me.

"I'm fine." I shrugged, opening my phone and reading the text messages.

R. Banks 7:03

I filed Constance's resignation like you asked, anything else you need?

I didn't answer, and I'm sure he knew that I didn't, in fact, need anything.

Isabella🔮💜 7:56

your coffee is going to get cold sir.

I'm bored...

Me 7:57

I'm happy my presence is that important to you. I'll be there soon Ms. Clowinsky don't miss me too much -xx

I could almost see as she rolled her eyes, and I continued to smile down at my phone waiting for her to respond.

Isabella🔮💜 7:59

i think i can handle a few hours without you

but unfortunately my day revolves around you, so if you're not here bossing me around i've rendered useless to your company.

why are you so late anyway?

Me 8:01

A rough night. Not something my intern should concern herself with.

Isabella🔮💜 8:04

i'll be sure to put on my regular old Bella cap sir

Stephie looked at me as I continued to stare at my phone smiling with a curious look on her face. I locked it, and got up from the chair.

"Who was that?" I wanted to ignore her since I knew if I told her the truth it would start a fight.

"Anthony, he wanted to know how things were doing. I was just asking about his traveling." I began to walk to our bedroom but she pulled at my arm to stop me.

"Are we going to talk about last night?" I sighed. Did we really have to?

"Not right now Steph." I sighed, I went into the bedroom but she continued to follow me. God, why couldn't she just let this one go?

"Justin." She said reaching for me again but I pulled back. I wasn't going to do this with her, not right now.

"Steph I said-"

"Not right now. Yeah, you keep saying that Justin." She rolled her eyes and I did the same back. You'd think if I kept saying it, it would get through her head that maybe I just didn't want to talk about it.