Chapter 33

January 4 2018

BELLA

I didn't realize how much I missed working until I got to the fifth day of my holiday and I was just bored. There was nothing for me to do after Christmas, so I spent my time inside sleeping, eating and watching movies. I did go shopping for boxing, and I got myself a new phone, and I also took both my brothers shopping.

After that, the days just seemed to drag on. I saw Isaac once because he was going away for a week and wouldn't be back till the fourteenth. I did get to see Melissa and Abby for a New Years party and get ready for this...

I kissed a random guy at twelve o'clock.

I know it's really not that big of a deal, but it was a big deal for me. A random guy, I mean the last random guy I kissed happened to be married so yeah it was a pretty big deal. Now, back to this married man.

I crossed a line. I know I shouldn't have asked him to call me 'baby', I shouldn't have given him that gift, to begin with. He's married, and I can't cross that line ever again. It felt good to hear it, but I missed hearing it without the large feeling of guilt. I love him, and I honestly don't know how how he feels about me, but I do know that he loves his wife.

She's his freaking wife. So where does it leave me? I'm just his pathetic ex-girlfriend who is still hopelessly in love with him. It's just embarrassing, it's not like we're going anywhere. We can't, in fact, there is no we. There's just me, Justin, and Stephie. His wife.

We hadn't talked at all since that day on Christmas. I also knew that he probably wouldn't bring up our conversation, and I definitely wasn't going to. Knowing Justin, we were going to go back to business as usual, and that conversation would just be a thing of the past. If anything, it technically didn't happen.

I mean it obviously did happen. But it happened between Justin and Bella. Not Isabella and Mr. Bieber, those two were strictly professional. They had no history what so ever. And with that mind set, I didn't have to feel as guilty about it.

Yeah, that was probably the stupidest thing I have ever said in my whole entire life.

There were only ten days left in the first half of the program, and ten days left of me being Justin's intern assistant. On January fourteenth, I would be his non-official official assistant. Then when the program was over I would be his official assistant. He said I'd be his non-official assistant because I was probably the youngest and most inexperienced person to be anyone's assistant, let alone Justin Bieber.

I wonder if he told Stephie about it, because I'm sure she wouldn't be okay with it. It was Stephie, she wasn't even okay with me breathing. At least I don't think so.

I woke up much earlier than I usually did, but that was only because I went to sleep at like six o'clock the night before. Today was hotter than it usually was, so I put on a pair of yellow shorts and a white blouse. I applied my makeup and made myself some breakfast, and then waited about ten minutes until I had to leave for work.

When I entered the building there were still a few Christmas decorations up, but everything looked the same. I don't know why I was expecting to see anything different, the building was like it was before, and it operated exactly like it did before. I showed my pass to security and my way to the golden floor just like usual.

Greta no longer wore her Santa hat, but she looked more than happy to see me.

"Isabella! Good morning." She waved when I approached her desk.

"Hey, Greta. Did you have a good holiday?" I asked, placing my purse down on the desk and she nodded with a smile.

"I got you a Christmas gift, I was going to give it to you before the holidays but I completely forgot." I love Greta so much. And I felt bad because I didn't get her anything, I'd remind myself to stop to get her something before I got home today.