Chapter 34

“Where are mum and dad?” Harry asked Niall, his eyes remained fixated on the game they were playing on the TV. I sat happily in the back of the room on the plush cream couch.

“Your mum’s out shopping, don’t know where you’re dad is.” Niall said, sticking his tongue out to the side as he eagerly tried to concentrate on the game. Harry nodded in response, he too becoming completely involved in whatever this game was.

“I’m going to get changed.” I announced, standing up and picking up the black rucksack Harry had packed. My back was turned on the two boys, but I heard the game pause and soon after felt Harry’s arm wrap around my waist. His nose grazed over my ear, his hot breath fanning down my neck, he placed a gentle kiss on my temple as he uttered some words that I could barely hear over my heartbeat:

“Don’t be too long princess.” I smiled, and Harry released me, soon returning to the game, firing guns at Niall I presume. I walked out into the corridor with the rucksack in hand. I remember hearing footsteps upstairs earlier, but Niall had never mentioned there being anyone else in the house. I walked up the stairs nonetheless, partly expecting someone else to jump out at me. I searched for the bathroom, the house dwarfed my own. Three doors later, I came across the bathroom; I stepped in and locked the door behind me. I threw the rucksack on the floor and pulled off my jumper and shirt, throwing them on the ground alongside my bag. I opened up the rucksack, surveying the clothes Harry had chosen for me: a cute knitted red sweater, and a pair of black jeans. It was my favourite outfit, and he somehow knew. I smiled as I cuddled into the warm fabric of the jumper, and pulled it over my head, pulling off my clingy school trousers and replacing them with my jeans. I brushed myself down, placing my uniform into the bag and throwing it over my shoulder. I unlocked the door and stepped out into the wide hallway. I looked both ways, seeing what other rooms the house held, I noticed a games room, and a few more bedrooms, although much of the house was still unexplored.

Just as I was about to step down the stairs, I noticed a small knock on the door to my left. I stepped back, so I could see the door fully. Small sniggers could be heard on the inside, I assumed it was one of Harry’s other friends or maybe even Niall’s girlfriend…if he had one.

“Um, hello?” I asked quietly. The voices on the other side of the door became more frantic, and more knocking could be heard, seconds later the door was pulled open, revealing a tall boy and a more petite girl standing behind him. Both of them were fully dressed, but I assumed that only seconds ago they weren’t, the boys hair was ruffled and messy, while the girls breath was erratic and scattered.

“Hi!” The boy said, breaking the silence that was understood between us. The girl held and awkward smile, as she looked at me.

“Hi, sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude…” I said, placing my hand back on the banister, trying to make a quick escape from the awkward situation.

“Don’t be ridiculous.” He said, holding out his hand to me. “I’m Cassius, you can call me Cass.” He said, urging his hand even closer to my body. I took it before he jabbed me in the stomach, he shook it firmly, his face displaying a beaming smile. The girl stepped forward, also holding out her hand.

“I’m Victoria.” She announced, trying to straighten out her dirty blonde hair, her voice was melodic, and her beauty was evident. As she passed Cassius, his eyes flicked down to her, his smile softening dramatically, becoming more real. I noticed the pure love in his eyes which he subconsciously displayed as he looked at her. He was tall and broad, quite threatening to look at, but I immediately spotted is gentleness. I took Victoria’s hand, shaking it.

“I’m Violet, call me Vi though.” I said, trying to reciprocate the couple’s smiles. We stood in silence for a couple of seconds, they both looked at me in surprise.