Chapter 47

I slipped out of bed as silently as I could. This task seemed to be a lot harder than pre-determined. Harry’s arm felt like a straight jacket around my torso, locking both of my arms against my bare chest. I giggled slightly, wondering how he’d gotten himself this tightly wound around me. I pried his fingers from around my waist, gently placing them behind me, Harry squirmed and moaned in his sleep at the loss of contact, but I quickly took the opportunity to jump up. My toes came into contact with the cool touch of his wooden floor as I silently tried to manoeuvre myself out of his bed without creating too much of a disturbance. I scoured the room, standing straight upright, looking around his room for some clothing I could use. I spotted a long basketball jersey hanging out of one of his drawers, and I quietly made my way over.

I pulled it over my head, although stumbled on the tangled clothing scattered around the floor. The only lighting in the room was the moonlight coming through the narrow window positioned behind Harry’s headboard. It created a pool of white, which dispersed across the expanse of the floor, casting shadows over the parts, which stood as obstacles in the room. I tiptoed towards the door once I was clothed, although the majority of my thighs were still on show. I silently opened the door, and made my way into the adjoining kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. I filled up the kettle and placed it back on its stand listening to the graduation of volume the kettle made as it spat out water. I walked to the fridge and pulled open the door, scouring the shelves to find the milk. I closed the door.

“What are you doing?” Harry asked in a low, raspy tone. He stood behind me rubbing his eyes; I noticed he had covered his privacy with a pair of boxer shorts.

“Shit…” I said, placing my free hand over my heart that had skipped a beat. I stumbled backwards, my back pressing into the countertop the kettle was balanced upon. Harry quickly, almost reflexively reached out, wrapping his arm around my waist for support. I smiled a little, although didn’t look into his eyes. He placed a delicate kiss on my forehead before taking hold of the carton of milk I held in my left hand and moseying over to the counter to pick up a cup.

“I thought you left.” He declared, placing a cup on the table and scratching the back of his head. I noticed the full extent of his muscles as he stretched, waiting for the kettle to boil.

“Don’t be silly.” I said, looking out of his kitchen window and noticing the small wet splodges that stained it. “It’s raining, I’d get all wet.” I continued in a joking manner, hoping to earn a giggle off Harry. He smiled and let out a breathy sigh at my comment. He turned from his position of retrieving a spoon from one of the drawers to look me dead in the eyes.

“Oh, really?” He asked, taking slow steps towards me. He had a childish smile on his face and a mischievous glint in his eye. I tilted my head at him, furrowing my eyebrows and questioning his steps. As he got closer, he suddenly moved into a sprint, charging towards me and throwing me over his shoulder. I batted my hands on his back, begging to be let down, laughing the whole time. I suddenly realised my vulnerability, seeing as though I was only wearing this basketball top, with no underwear.

“Harry!” I screamed. “Harry what are you doing?!” I shouted, he completely ignored me, instead trudging through his flat, leading me somewhere else. I heard the front door open behind me, and along with it, the rain tapping down on the pavement and the bushes surrounding Harry’s door. He placed me down on the floor, my toes landing in a shallow puddle of fresh rainwater. I opened my eyes wide, as well as my mouth as I stared up at him, his locks slowly dampening as he shut the door behind him. My hair began to stick to my face, and the basketball jersey soon became soaked through in the heavy downpour. I continued to stare at Harry, as he did at me, although his face still held the same smirk, whereas mine retained a more serious and disapproving glare.