Chapter 7

I opened my eyes; there was a flood of light pouring through my window. I sat up and yawned widely before planting my feet on the floor. My eyes were barely open when I heard my door click, Harry walked in, his hair ruffled and his chest revealed. His lack of clothing surprised me, I noticed a butterfly tattoo on his chest, and various others scattered about his torso.

While mesmerised by his collection of tattoo’s I thought about school.

“Shit!” I said, while throwing my gaze to the clock, 8:49am. I was going to be late, no doubt about that. I jumped out of my bed, ignoring Harry who was standing in front of my door. I grabbed my uniform off of the computer chair and threw it on my bed, grabbing a hairbrush off the desk. Harry’s hand fluttered on top of mine and held me still. He looked at me confused.

“Not today.” He said. His words perplexed me, I couldn’t miss school, I didn’t think he should miss school either. His eyes were soft, however his brow was slightly creased as he held my arm in his grip. I tugged my arm away, still staring into his eyes. His words calmed me, lessened the frantic thoughts I was thinking. I inhaled deeply and sat back down on my bed, thinking that it was okay. One day wouldn’t hurt.

“Are you going in?” I asked as I looked back up at Harry. My words were still tinged with fear. He smiled at me and shook his head.

“I don’t go to school anymore Violet.” He said. I was confused, what was he doing at school yesterday? Harry saw my confusion and answered my question before I asked it.

“One of the teachers screwed me over.” He spoke; I didn’t want to know anymore, afraid that he had some dark secret that he was willing to spill. I just nodded my head and looked away.

“A-Are you, um, going home or…” I asked, hoping he would leave me in peace, although I was doubtful. He tilted his head to the side, a few of his curls falling over his forehead. His chest was still bare and I couldn’t help myself from glancing at it every now and then. Harry sniggered; he had obviously seen my not-so-subtle stares.

“I’d rather stay with you, beautiful.” His words made me cringe, I regretted asking him to stay the night, and I should’ve anticipated his reluctance to leave. Harry sauntered closer to me, his body radiating undeniable warmth that matched the bronzed tan he wore. His hand slipped from the side of his toned torso to my cheek.

“How old are you Harry?” I asked, proud of the confident attitude to my voice. Harry sat down beside me on my bed, not averting his glance.

“I’m almost 20.” He declared. I raised my eyebrows in surprise and flinched as he moved his hand closer to my face. Harry was two years out of school, yet he still held a grudge with one of the teachers. I pondered the many teachers that I had encountered yesterday, none of them seeming to air a demonic streak that would set Harry off. Then again it didn’t take much, Harry would snap at the least expectant of times with the smallest detail.

There were a few moments of silence as Harry answered my question, his words didn’t truly surprise me, I just wanted it to appear that way, maybe Harry would realise that I was too young, but of course not…Harry didn’t care.

“Harry, I need to ask you something,” I said, preparing to receive the harsh looks and actions of Harry. “Why me, why are you doing this to me…what do you want.” My lips trembled at the last bit, knowing that he would take my words as resistance. I turned my head to face him, receiving an angered glare and pursed lips. His eyes darkened in fury, hands clenched into fists. He turned his head away and started breathing heavily. It was another twenty seconds or so before Harry raised his head and spoke to me again

“You don’t know me Violet. The things I’ve seen, I’ve done. The people I’ve hurt…the women I took advantage of to comfort myself. The hearts I’ve broken, dreams I’ve crushed…for some reason, Violet…you are my light.” He turned to me, tears welling in his eyes, a pained expression on his face. “Thank you Violet. For everything you’ve done, for everything you don’t know about.” He lowered his head in between his knees, I heard his sobs, and it broke my heart, Harry was open. There was nothing apart from him and his emotions, his true emotions. There was nothing that I felt for this boy other than pure, unrequited love.