Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning with a small headache i looked at the time it was 8:45 a.m. I grabbed my phone off my bed and text Jermaine.

Me:Hey
Jermaine:Who this
Me:Serenity
Jermaine:Oh hey ma what happen to last night
Me:When i went home i was K.O
Jermaine:Lol i bet u was. When can i see you again
Me:Today maybe before i go to dinner
Jermaine: Dinner with who?
Me: My mom cooking tonight and she invited me over for dinner
Jermaine:Oh alright we meet up at 1:00?
Me: Yeah where?
Jermaine: Olive Garden
Me:Okay

I put my phone on the charger and swept threw my house putting my shoes back in my closet. After i went in the bathroom and did my shower routine. When i was done showering i went in my room and went in my dresser and picked out some light blue jeans and a white shirt with my black vans and black sweater. I lotion up and put my underwear and clothes on. I went in my mirror and brushed my hair up into a ponytail and i pinned my bangs up. I looked at the time it was 11:00 a.m. A couple more hours til i see Jermaine. Anyways i turned the tv on and scrolled threw the channels there was nothing good to watch so i turned the tv back off. There is never nothing good to watch when i'm bored or waiting for something. I walked up the stairs and went in my room and looked at my phone. I had a missed call from my best friend Evette. I called her back and she answered on the 2nd ring.

"Serenity what the hell you doing?" she asked when she answered the phone. "Nothing roaming around my house" i said casually. "So guess what?" she squealed. "What?" asked her. "I have a boyfriend" she practically screamed into my ear. "Oh my goodness who is he." I asked. It's been forever since Evette had a boyfriend. It's only taken so long because she's picky with her men and she has low self esteem. Evette thinks that no man will find her attractive enough to date her. But believe it or not Evette is a tall light skin girl with green eyes, dirty brown hair, and a small birth mark on her neck. "Mark" she squealed into the phone once again. "Oh oh thats good" i stuttered into the phone. "You don't sound to happy" she said slowly. " I am happy for you Evette lets talk about this in person maybe next weekend?"i asked her. "Sure" she replied and then hung up on me. From out of all the people in the world she decides to go out with Mark oh gosh she going to be going threw a lot with him.

Anyways i looked at the time on my phone it was 12:00 i grabbed my car keys and iPhone and headed to my car not forgetting to lock my house door. I got in my car and drove to Olive Garden taking my sweet time. Hopefully when i get there Jermaine will be there waiting for me. I walked into Olive Garden and got seated to an observed table. The table had a dozen roses and a card. The card read; ' i hope you enjoy this lunch my dear Serenity' i smiled as i sat down at table and smelled the roses. "I see you like my gift ma" i jumped and turned around to see Jermaine standing behind me smiling. "Yes i do" i said as Jermaine took a seat right across from me. The waitress came and asked us to take our orders. "Um i would like the fried lasagna and some orange soda" i said as i passed the waitress the menu. "I'll have the same but instead of orange i'll like a sprite" Jermaine said as he looked at me and winked. "So Serenity tell me about yourself" Jermaine said as he crossed his hands on the table. "What do you want to know about me?" i asked him.

"What do you do? Like do you have a job?" Jermaine asked. I shifted in my chair and then looked at him " I work as a lawyer i've been a lawyer for almost 1 year" i said. He nodded his head. "You have a job?" i asked him. "Yeah i work as bouncer on Wednesdays and Fridays i go out of town and kick people out of clubs" he said as he strugged his shoulders. Jermaine opened his mouth but then the waitress came with the food and the drinks. I picked up my fork and took a bite of my fried lasagna it tasted so good. "Tell me more about yourself" Jermaine said as he started eating. "Well i am 21 years old my birthday is on January 23rd. I am an only child from both my parents. My favorite color is pink. I only go clubbing once in a while because i'm busy working Mondays threw Fridays. I love Chinese food. And i've been single for almost a year" i said as i took a bite of my fried food.

Jermaine looked at me and took a sip of his soda. "Your a very interesting person Serenity" he said as smiled at me. "So are you Jermaine" i said as i looked him in the eyes. We stared deep into each eyes an it felt like i got lost in them for a while. Jermaine leaned over the table and i felt his lips brush against mine. "I want you to be mine and i want to be yours" he whispered in my ear. "I-I.." I started to say. "Shhh don't reject me think about it. Give me a chance" he said as he leaned back to his side of the table. I felt my cheeks turn red nobody has ever made me feel the way Jermaine just did and i only knew him for about 2 days. Only if he knew how much i wanted someone like him in my life. Holding me protecting me and being there for me when times get rough.

The waitress arrived with the bill "Did you guys enjoy your meal?" she asked. "Yes" i replied as she put the bill on the table. I was about to take the money out to pay when Jermaine stopped me "i got this" he said as he took 2 $20 bills out his pocket and handed the waitress the bill. We both stood up and he gave me the biggest hug. "It was nice seeing you Serenity when can i see you again?" he asked me. "Well i get off work at 7:00 pm maybe you can stop by my house or we could meet up somewhere" i said as i looked up at him. Jermaine walked me to my car and before i got in he grabbed my waist and kissed me gently on the lips and this time i kissed him back. "Text me ma" he said as he walked off to his car. Damn i think i might just give him a chance.