15

Willow made her way downstairs, her eyes scanned the empty compound for signs of Christopher or Elijah, the two that made her feel most at home. But she had noticed their absence for the first hours of the day, they must have taken a trip out.

"They're not here, love" Rebekah, the blonde haired vampire was sat on the chair with a drink in her hand. She looked up and smiled playfully "you're all mine"

The girl Christopher is so hung up on. Yes, that was her. There was something about this Mikaelson that confused Willow, she seemed nice enough, yet there was that small aura that kind of scared the poor human.

"Where have they gone?" She asked with confusion, slowly climbing the last three stairs.

"I have no idea" she shrugged, placing her drink down on the varnished wooden table top "all they told me is that it was my turn to babysit, Christopher said they'd be back either late tonight or early tomorrow"

"That's strange" Willow furrowed her eyebrows and wondered where on Earth both of them would have gone without telling her "are you sure you don't know?"

"Love, if I knew I'd tell you" the blonde vampire stood up "but I don't, so I can't" she shrugged, turning around and walking slightly further away from Willow.

But somehow, Willow couldn't get it through her head that both guys would leave without a word for more than a day. "And you're not worried?" She asked, her heart beating a little quicker as she couldn't begin to imagine the possibilities occurring right this second.

"Of course I'm worried" Rebekah didn't snap, her voice sounded a little sharper than usual, because it was a stupid question "it's my brother and..." she halted when she didn't know the correct words to describe Christopher "... friend"

"I'm calling them" Willow slid her phone from her front pocket of her denim shorts, her fingers pressed Christopher's name and she pressed the phone to her ear. She lowered it once more and tried Elijah's number instead. "Voicemail" she concluded.

"I've already tried that" Rebekah replied. She could have said it a little earlier to save wasting time, but let's be serious, would Willow even listen? "They said they'd phone if they're in trouble, Christopher said where they were going wasn't particularly dangerous"

"I wish they wouldn't be so vague" Willow huffed, creating a mental list of things she'd say for when they got back.

"Same here" Rebekah sighed "if my sister was here then we'd be able to track them down, but we're just going to have to wait until they return to quiz them"

Freya wouldn't be long back, she had gone away to find something to prevent the sire link from being broken. Rumour has it was that the Strix was on the right path to solving the sire line issue, but it took a lot of preparation. Rebekah kept in touch though, and in a few days, or maybe a week if she got sidetracked, her sister would be home.

"I'm thinking a good cop bad cop method" Willow sat down on the sofa and suggested "but I'm going to replace the good cop with another bad cop"

"Somehow, love, I don't think they'd find you the least bit threatening" she laughed "they're ancient beings with the ability to tear your throat out with their teeth, and you're..."

"Watch it" Willow pointed as Rebekah sat down beside her. She felt another overwhelming sense of comfort from yet another member of the family. Why was she connecting so quickly with them? "I have feelings"

"... a human, no offence but you aren't exactly physically strong on the same level as them" she finished, shrugging her shoulders.

"You have a point, but my blood can kill an original vampire, I have a killer death stare and your brother is teaching me to fight, so much so that I actually won one against him" Willow listed in return her main strengths.

"It would surprise me Elijah letting you win. He has a soft spot for pretty girls like you" Rebekah didn't think she said anything of value, she said it to disprove Willow's presumption that she had won fair and square.

"Pretty girls like me?" Willow didn't know if she should feel privileged to be called a pretty girl.

"How can I put this?" Rebekah quietly asked herself, toying with the idea of opening up the door to Elijah's past to a mere human girl, or should she just shut up, Rebekah had a thing for running her mouth a lot. "Elijah falls for someone rarely but deeply, you can see the signs from the start, but when he does get attached, he always goes for the pretty girls, like you" she explained "he always goes for the girls he shouldn't have"

"Has there been anyone recently?" She shuffled, uncomfortable and embarrassed to ask "or... currently? And what do you mean shouldn't have"

"You're a very inquisitive young creature, aren't you?" Rebekah tilted her head and looked at the girl.

"You've started now, you should go on because I am very persistent" Willow warned.

"Well there first was Tatia, she would have been off limits, as she did belong to our brother Niklaus. Then there was Katherine, the doppelgänger of Tatia, who was off limits as her death would bring out Niklaus' wolf side, Celeste Dubois, she was a witch.." Rebekah listed the reasons why Elijah's past loves shouldn't have really been loves "There was Hayley, but her union with Jackson brought safety for Hope, and he also had a thing with a small vampire named Gia, who unfortunately died at the hands of Nik" she finished "it sounds a lot but that is five women in over a thousand years, it never ends well"

Willow felt so sorry for Elijah, she bet it was hard for him to open up to others, and yet she felt privileged to have him there for her. Does that mean he liked her? Or was she overthinking things?

"I feel so sorry for him" Willow shuffled in her seat, putting her knees to her chest as she curled on the sofa

"And now he's attaching himself to you, and not to scare you or anything love, but you basically are going to be what causes a war between groups and..."

"... it might not end well for me" Willow nodded "I've already been through this with myself"

"Well, you're Elijah's type alright" Rebekah sighed, cursing Elijah as to why he was so self-destructive. Hoping she was wrong about his feelings for the girl, but Rebekah was rarely wrong when it came to her family.

Willow didn't say anything else after that, she didn't know what to say. She didn't even know if there was anything there between her and Elijah, never mind being given this ultimatum between being with him and risking heartbreak or not being with him. It was all so strange.

Willow took a deep breath in and shrugged her shoulders, this family was weird.

And very complicated.

Deep End - Ruelle