Ch. 19

I was dreaming it had to be my paranoia getting to me. I was in Ryker’s tent, snuggling into his chest—so content, so comfortable, and so happy. It felt wonderful to be wrapped up in his arms with no distractions and nothing on my mind, just Ryker. But nothing ever stays calm, then Holden was there and yelling at Ryker and I, telling us how its not right for us to be together and tearing him away from me.

          There was so much yelling and it wasn’t just in my dream, I could swear there really were people yelling. I tried to open my eyes but I was still too tired to, I heard so many different voices it was difficult to tell who was who.

          When I finally did open my eyes it looked exactly like it did in my dream. Holden was hovering over Ryker, one hand holding him by the collar of his shirt, the other one pointing in his face. Their faces were so close they could feel each others breath on their faces. Zave and Erik were at the opening of the tent peering in, Zave looked like he was pissed off at what he was seeing and Erik looked like he felt bad for Ryker. When he caught my eye, he nodded over to the boys like ‘you going to do something?’ I couldn’t believe I was still sitting there; I quickly pushed the blankets off me and stood up.

“Enough!” I yelled, both turned toward me, “Now what’s the problem?” I asked. It was a pointless question but I figured it would get Holden away from Ryker. Holden automatically let go of Ryker, narrowed his eyes and stalked towards me.

“What’s the problem? What’s the problem? You’re seriously going to ask me that? I wake up to find you and this shit head in the same tent and you ask what my problem is?” By now he is right up in my face.

“Were you the first one awake?”

“What the fu—,” I cut him off.

“Were you the first one awake?” I asked again.

“No.” he simply answers.

“Then you obviously don’t know that Bozo one and Bozo two here passed out in my tent last night. And its not like I could go to your tent, it was a bit busy. And I don’t know anyone else really at this camp that had extra room and an extra sleeping bag.”

“But—“

“Don’t but me! You know it’s true. Now leave him out of it, he let me stay here because I asked. Now drop it.”

“There’s nothing going on between you two then?”

“No Holden, now stop embarrassing me.” With that I stomped out of the tent. Holden looked like a fish, opening and closing his mouth, Zave looked like he didn’t believe my story. Erik gave me a disapproving look and Ryker looked like he was about to blurt out the truth. I just gave him a dirty look and continued on my way to my own tent. I didn’t really leave my tent all day. Holder was still acting pissy because I slept in Ryker’s tent and didn’t come around me. The time I did come out the camp was empty and Ryker took the opportunity to corner me.

“Why didn’t you tell him about us?” He asked.

“What so he could beat the shit out of you and ruin the rest of the trip, I think not.”

“We could have figured something out; he would be ok with it eventually.”

“That’s just it, what if he isn’t? Right now I have you and I have Holden. I can’t lose either of you. If that means keeping you a secret for now then I guess that’s how it’s going to be. Both of our parents abandoned us… I need you and I need him. If he knows I’m not going to be able to have you and he will be pissed off at me.” With that I walked away.

          Later that night I was curled up in a chair around the fire with a drink in my hand. It was pretty quiet around camp, Holder still won’t go around Ryker and Erik and Zave were off somewhere else. Ryker kept giving me looks but I wasn’t ready to deal with him. I know I really need to tell Holder but I really don’t want to deal with everyone fighting because of me. I can already see it all—Holder would refuse to have anything to do with Ryker. He would also be pissed at me which would make me feel bad for being with Ryker which would create problems between the two of us and then I would end up with out both of them. I needed them; Holder is blood, family and the only one who hadn’t left. But I was falling for Ryker; he made me so happy and helped me forget everything bad. I needed them both. Hadley brought me o9ut of my thoughts when she plopped down beside me.

“A penny for your thoughts?” she asked.

“I’m afraid to tell Holden,” I bluntly stated. She nodded and sipped her drink.

“I should have told this morning but I totally chickened out. I don’t want to ruin his and Ryker’s friendship and I don’t want him to be mad at me. I guess it’s inevitable though…”

“Why don’t you just talk to your brother? Maybe he will understand?”

“Holden? Be Reasonable?” she laughed.

“Okay maybe he’s not the most reasonable but just explain everything to him. But first I think you need to make up with your man. He’s acting like a lost puppy over there.” She pointed over to Ryker.

“He is isn’t he? I will tomorrow, I don’t want to give Holden anymore reasons to be pissy.” Hadley smiled and walked back over to my brother. I was happy for them, they are super cute together.

“Why didn’t you tell him?” It was Erik, I’d been waiting for him to say something all day.

“I was too scared to.” I admitted.

“He needs to know.”

“I know.”

“Then tell him,” I didn’t answer, “It’ll be better to hear it from you then someone else, Ty.” He walked away and I got up too, deciding it was too much for one day. I saw Ryker look at me and make a move to get up but I shook my head at him, we were going to stay in separate tents for tonight.

Hope you enjoyed! Vote and Comment please! Just a few chapters left!!