Ch. 9

Last upload for the night! Please Comment and Vote!!(:

            I woke up a few hours later to someone yelling. I got up and headed out of my room. Holden was at the bottom of the stairs pacing and yelling into the phone.

“Are you serious?! You just leave your kids here alone! Really? Sneak out in the middle of the night and just leaving a damn note!” He was quiet listening to our mom. “Whatever!” He yelled and hung up. He walked up and hugged me, “Everythings pretty screwed up, huh?”

“Yeah… At lease we have eachother!” I said trying to be positive.

“Hey, you want to have a party tonight?” He asked, pulling away.

“Yes!” I said my face lighting up a bit.

“Ok, I’ll call the guys. You want to get the supplies?”

“Totally!” I ran upstairs and threw on some clothes. It was 3 O’clock by the time I left. Holden had called Zave and they were calling everyone they knew, I was going to get supplies and then stop at Eves.

          Pulling up at her house, I noticed her and Mathew were sitting on the porch swing talking, Eve automatically got up and hugged me as I walked near them.

“Hey!” We both said at the same time. I quickly said hi to Mathew. Eve gave me a funny look.

“What?”

“You look like hell girl, what’s wrong?”

“Dad left us for his secretary, Mom left for Florida only leaving a note to say she was leaving. Ryker and I kissed and I screwed things up.” Her face fell. “I’ll explain later, I came to tell you we are throwing a party tonight!”

“Hell yeah!! But isn’t it a little too soon after everything that just went on?”

“That’s why we are throwing it though, to get our minds off our screwed up lives! Besides, it shall be fun as long and I stay away from Ryker!” I said smiling up at her. I stayed and talked to her for a while but then realized it was getting close to 5:30 and needed to get back. When I walked in Zave was still on the phone and Holden and Ryker were in the kitchen talking.

“I come bearing decorations, food and supplies.” I said as I dropped 8 bags of groceries on the kitchen counter. In the last couple of years Holden and I had held some of the best parties in town, we were known for them so we were bound to have a packed house. I had grabbed a bunch of different chips and a couple hundred red Solo cups. Thinking of Red Solo cups makes me shudder—I hate that song so much.

          I grabbed a few bowls and pour chips into them, setting them on the table and putting a few stacks on the table by the garbage can that would hold the keg was. Holden had older friends and they were hooking us up with the alcohol. I could feel Ryker watching me but I just ignored him. Turning to Holden, “Anything else you need my help with?” I asked.

“Nope, looks good and we are just waiting on Zave to finish the last few calls. Erik is loading us up on drinks and Damon is bringing his DJ-ing equipment so music is handled too.”

“Awesome! I’m going to get ready then!” I said turning away to go upstairs.

“Alright, see you in a few hours!” He yelled back chucking and I flipped him off.