Ch. 2

The next morning, all I can think is how comfy my bed is and how wonderful it feels to be sleeping in. I didn’t know what time it was and frankly, I didn’t care. All I wanted to do was lay here forever and not worry about anything! You know... until Holden and Zave came in with a pot and a spoon and jumped on my bed. I swear, for being nineteen those two are the most childish people I know. Zave was dancing around the room waving the pot and spoon around singing a wake up song he made up a very long time ago; it was really annoying when you didn’t want to be disturbed. Holden on the other hand was jumping up and down above me and pulling all my blankets off.

“Come on Lil sis, wake up!!” He yelled in my ear. Suddenly it got eerily quiet, looking around I noticed they both had left. Satisfied, I pulled the blankets back up and closed my eyes. Not even a minute later the blankets were thrown off me again and ice was thrown down my shirt and shorts.

“Alright! I’m up!” I yelled at them as they ran out snickering.

Wandering downstairs to find breakfast... well lunch since it was 1... I walked into the living room to my mom watching TV.

“Where’s dad?” I asked my mom.

“He had to go into the office, had some stuff to do for the meeting Monday.” I left and went to go dig through the fridge in hopes of finding something good. While I was bent over looking I felt someone pass behind me and then someone was talking in my ear.

“Morning, can you hand me the apple juice please?” I jumped a little; Ryker was so close I barely had room to grab the juice for him. “Thanks” he said when I handed it over. I was still standing in the fridge when he reached past me and put the juice back.

“I forgot how damn long you can sleep!” He stated, “You're kinda cute when you wake up.” As he said this he moved the hair in my face behind my ear—his touch sending goose bumps throughout my body. I just swatted his hand away and he chuckled. I would have said something but just then the boys came into the kitchen.

“Damn... about time Ty!! We’ve been waiting for you to wake up for ever. Are you going to come with us today?” Holden asked.

“First off, you two just meanly woke me up—if it was my choice you’d still be waiting. Second, who is us? And where are you going?”

“Zave, Ryker and I and we were thinking of heading to the beach.”

“Oooh! Sounds fun! Can Eve come?” It did sound fun but I was not going to be the only girl, especially the way Ryker’s been. Holden mumbled a yeah and told me to get ready we were leaving in a half an hour. So I ran upstairs and grabbed my phone and quickly called Eve and told her we would pick her up on the way. I dressed quickly, picking my cute multi colored zebra print bikini. I threw a pair of black shorts and a flowy grey tank top over. Just as I grabbed my purse I heard a knock on the door and told them to come in.

“Holden told me to come get you, we are leaving.”

“Ok, be down in just a sec.” I thought he had left until he spoke again.

“Why did you run off from me last night?” Ryker asked.

“Um....” I really didn't know how to answer, it wasn’t like I was going to blurt out that I almost got butterflies when ever I ran into him or that it was weird how hot i thought he was now. Even if he has been gone the past 2 years, he is my brother’s best friend, it’s weird. And not to mention he is older than me and is graduated!

“You know, I did miss you while I was gone Tylie..” I mumbled a little yeah and tried to walk out the door. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, he was really close again.

“Why won’t you talk to me?” He asked.

“Your Holden’s friend Ryker..”

“Yeah? So what? Can’t I be you friend too?”

“Sure...” I said hoping if I did he would finally leave me alone. “Can we go now? I really want to tan!” he laughed and we left my room.

          Ryker was driving and let me tell you, he has an amazing car. Sitting in our driveway was an all black 2012 Camaro ZL1... it was heaven to look at. The interior and exterior was completely black, I swear I was drooling just looking at it and the boys made sure to make fun of me, Zave and Holden knew how about how much I had grown to love cars, my dad is always at work and not really at home so its was the only thing we shared lately. As I was listing off all the things about the car Ryker just stood there, mouth hanging open.

“What?” I asked as I looked around at the boys, “This car is freaking amazing!” I said, stating why I loved the car so much. They just laughed and got in the car, and let me have shot gun! The whole way to Eve’s I felt like someone was watching me but I wasn’t going to see who it was.

“So... Dude... what brings you back here?” Zave asked Ryker.

“Well, since I graduated I had nothing holding me in Montana, so dad called in some connections, got me a job and I got my own place. Figured I would enjoy life more if i had more people i cared about other than my parents and some random friends I’ve made.”  They kept asking him questions, when Eve came out of her house she looked confused but came to the passengers side, right as she was about to get in she froze.

“What the hell are you doing here Hale?” She rarely called Ryker by his first name. He gave her a funny look and said, ”Good to see you too Eve.” She finally got in the car and we were off to the beach.