Ch. 3

Sorry this ones a little short! Vote and comment! i love to hear what you guys think!(:

I love the beach—it is one of my favorite places to go. I can tan all day without a care in the world and read. When we got to the beach Eve and I automatically laid out our towels, oiled up and tanned. The boys gave us shit but what else would we do?

          Around 4 Eve’s newest boy toy arrived at the beach and not wanting to be around them I decided to go for a little swim and cool off. Looking around to make sure the boys weren’t around to splash me or push me in, I slowly made my way to the water. Just as I was about to step in two very tan, muscular arms picked me up and threw me over their shoulder.

“No! No! Put me down! No!” I kept yelling, hoping he would set me down. One of my biggest pet peeves was being splashed or thrown in when I didn’t want to. It may sound very girly but I hated getting my hair wet, it just feels gross afterwards.

“Please!?!?!” I begged. “Ok” is all he said as he let go of me and I fell in the water. Oh he was going to get it—no one picks me up and drops me in the water. Standing up and turning around Ryker has a smirk on his face, not for long is all I think before I tackle him in. I don’t think I could have honestly tackled him, so he obviously went willingly but he still paid for it.

“You jerk!” I yell when he came up. “I didn’t want to get wet.”

“You were headed to the water, what else would you do?”

“I was going to cool off not dive in.” I stated, he just gave me a funny look.

“I didn’t want to get my hair wet, thanks a lot” I said as I pushed him slightly.

“Oh boohoo, that’s what you’re supposed to do at the beach, swim and have fun, duh!” he said laughing. “Besides, when did you become such a girl anyways? You never cared before.”

“A lot changes in two years, people change.” I turned around and started walking off but two arms snaked around my waist and pulled me back in the water.

   After about an hour and a half of splashing around in the water we got out and sat on our towels.

"See, wasn't that fun friend?" He asked, putting emphasis on friend.

"Yes that was fun Ryker." I told him as I put more oil on. He sat there watching me. "What?" I asked.

“Why?” He asked vaguely.

“Why what?”

“Why do you put so much oil on? Tanning like that is so bad for your skin.”

“The sun is good for you.” I stated.

“Not with all those extra chemicals.”

“Whatever, I like being tan.” i lay down and closed my eyes. I could feel Ryker staring at me. “What?” I asked without opening my eyes.

“Since we are friends, can’t we talk now?”

“What do you want to talk about Ryker?” I asked him, now looking over at him.

“Well...” He said looking up at me, “I want to know how you have been? What you have been up to?”

“Ok... Well... I’ve been good.” I say.

“Seriously....? That’s the best you’ve got? After two years all you say is ‘ok... Well... I’ve been good,’ really?” He said narrowing his eyes but you can see the jokiness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry... But I have been good.  I've just made my way through school and hung out. It's been a pretty lame two years." I said truthfully.  

"How’s Holden dealing with his little sister dating?" He said with a laugh.

I started cracking up, "He hates it! He is way too protective! It was really funny though because last year one of his friends Brian was flirting with me at a party and Holden came over all red in the face and pulled me behind him and started threatening Brian." I told him, laughing as i remembered that party. "That’s one of Holden’s rules...  No going after or dating his little sister." conversation died down a bit after that and we just laid there and tanned. Eve ended up leaving with Mathew, her boy toy, and my brother and Zane called and said that they took off with some girls and we're going partying and would find a way home.  What a great brother, I thought to myself—just leave your little sister with your friend.

"I bet if you call the boys back you could find out where they are and go party with them—I can find a ride home." I said to Ryker after the boys called.

"Nah... I'm not in the mood to party.  I was thinking of going home ordering some Chinese food and watching some movies." weird, Ryker was all for parties before he left. "Want to join?" He asked.

"Ahh...” I started off.

"We are friends now, we can hang out Tylie!"

I had a feeling I was going to regret saying we could be friends but I agreed anyways. We packed up our stuff headed to the car.