Ch. 22

Happy Birthday VidaCheese!! I heard from a little birdie (Truelover16) that today is your birthday.. so i am dedicating this chapter to you! Thank you for all the support! Hope you have an amzing day! 

  Now that everybody knows, it’s just so much easier. This giant relief has been lifted off my shoulders—I can kiss Ryker whenever I liked, I can hold his hand, whisper sweet nothings in his ear with out worrying about being caught. I still feel guilty about lying to Holder but it’s such a satisfying feeling of not having to worry. Holder knows, he is ok with it and accepts us being together. As I’m sitting here mulling over how great things are now I think about how I am sitting in Ryker’s lap, absently drawing shapes on his hand. The hand that I’m not playing with is securely wrapped around my waist, holding me close to him. Every so often I feel his hand tighten on my waist, almost like he’s making sure I’m really there. His head is rested back on the chair as he talks to my brother, his gorgeous golden eyes filled with happiness as he laughs with the group.

    I rest my head back against Ryker’s shoulder and sigh in content; I wish we could just stay here and not go back to reality. Most of our camp site has cleared out by now and only a couple people outside our immediate group still linger. I sit up quickly as a thought comes to mind.

“Do we have to leave today?” I blurt out. “I mean look around camp, almost everyone has left it’s just going to be us soon. Since somebody had the grand idea *cough* Zave *cough* to take a short cut, no one got to see the waterfalls.”

“You followed,” Zave retorted.

“Dumb mistake on my end,” He flipped me off and turned away.

“Does anyone have anything immediate to do or get to this week?” We all looked around as each of us shook our heads no.

“Well then lets do it… we can stay till Thursday. Let’s do the waterfall tomorrow though.”

“Sounds good but we are switching around sleeping arrangements.” Ryker told Holden.

“No we are not.”

“Yes! You and Hadley share a tent every night that means Zave needs somewhere to sleep. Easiest thing to do is put Zave with Erik and I will stay with Tylie and Hadley’s friends can share their tent.”

“No, you two aren’t sharing a tent.”

“We’ve been sharing one almost this entire trip.” My brother looked unsettled at that statement.

“Don’t. I do not want to hear it. Fine, if we are going to change the sleeping arrangement, no funny business Hale! I mean it; I will check on you guys if I have to.” Ryker saluted Holder then bent down and whispered in my ear.

“Lets go for a walk.” I nodded and got off his lap; he grabbed my hand and led me away.

“We’ll be back in a few hours.” Ryker yelled over his shoulder. Neither of us said anything but we both walked to the big rock he found me on when we first showed up at the camp site. It had to be going on 4:30 when we reached the rock, it was hot but a gorgeous view and it gave us some privacy from the others and their nonstop harassment. Ryker sat behind me and pulled me close to his chest just like the first time we sat up here.

“This is a good feeling,” I turned my head to try and see his face, “I can be with my girlfriend without having any worries of being caught. I can do this,” He pulled me real close and stuck his head in my neck. “And this,” he peppered kisses down my neck and shoulder. “And this,” his hand trailed down my arm and leg, giving me goose bumps. “And last but not least this,” he turned my head towards his and softly placed his lips on mine. He was gentle and slow, like he was savoring every second of it. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine, I didn’t open my eyes—I couldn’t. With us everything just feels so good, so right. I pecked his lips one more time before turning around getting comfortable once more. We both had giant smiles on our faces as we stared out at the river.