Ch. 7

Another really short chapter! sorry! hope you like it!!(: Vote, Comment and fan!!(:

I had no idea where I was going or what I was going to do but I knew I couldn’t be at home. I couldn't sit at home while Holden was pissed and who knows where. And I wouldn’t sit around while my mom was locking herself away.

          I tried calling Eve but it went straight to voicemail. I tried another two times just in case and still no answer. At this point I was wandering aimlessly, I vaguely remember passing the park, my mind still couldn’t quite wrap around the display that happened in the front yard. I kept replaying it all through my head, but I was in shock. When I finally looked up to see where I was, I was standing in Ryker’s driveway. I walked up and rang the doorbell, I saw him move the curtains to see who it was and he opened the door smiling.

“Tylie! Holden cool off enough to let you come over?” he asked but the moment he stopped speaking I broke down crying, I would have fallen to my knees if Ryker hadn’t caught me and helped me stand up right.

“Tylie.. What’s wrong?” He asked over and over trying to figure out what was wrong, you could see the worry in his eyes but I was crying so hard I couldn’t talk. After a while he walked me over to the couch and hugged me close as I cried. He kept trying to sooth me by telling me it was ok. It felt like forever but I eventually stopped crying. I pulled back from Ryker and looked up at him.

“I’m sorry!” I said, feeling bad that I just showed up and starting bawling.

“Hey, do not be sorry, we are friends, I’m here if you need a shoulder to cry on.” He told me, smiling weakly.

“Thanks.” I said smiling—I hugged him again, showing him how grateful i was. He pulled me close and help me there. When I pulled back I started laughing.

“Sorry about your shirt.” it looked like it was soaked through with all my tears and snot.

“Don’t worry about it.” He said, laughing too. “You want to talk about what’s wrong?”

“I’m amazed you didn’t see what happened.” I told him everything. About how my dad had been gone a lot lately and mom hiding herself away. I told him about my dad’s stuff being spread across the yard and Holden punching him in the face after heard he cheated.” He sat there quietly listening to me. When I was done talking it was well after midnight and we were both falling asleep. Ryker put a movie on but I don't think either one of us remembers what it was about, we fell asleep.