Chapter Two

My eyes kept staring directly at the window of my uncle's car. "Hey, (y/n). You alright?" my uncle questioned me. I stammered. But no clear word came out of my mouth. I was so embarrassed, I couldn't even speak! I wanted to stuff my face in my bag. The first day wouldn't have been so nerve-wreaking if I hadn't stumbled in that room. 

I arrived at my house and the first thing my mom asks me is: "Hey (y/n)! How was school? Did you meet anyone new"? I gave her a glance. I'm not so sure about the people that I met. "Yeah. It went fine. But I have a ton of homework so I'm going to to to my room. Bye." I droned and ran up the stairs. No questions asked.

I threw my bag on my bed and slipped my uniform off. I threw the uniform on the floor and put on a white tank top with a pair of dark blue jeans. Then put my (h/c) hair in a ponytail and plopped on my bed. 

While staring at my white ceiling, I grabbed the book across from me and began to read. I decided that instead of doing my "homework", I would read Midnight Affair, which was the name of my book. I like romance flicks, books, and manga. I find it hilarious because I wasn't so sure about MY love life. Before I flipped to the next page, my cellphone began to ring. I picked it up. "Hey, (y/n)! It's Anika!" said a voice over the phone. "Hey, are we still hanging out today?" I asked Anika.

"Well...that's what I wanted to tell you. I'm hanging out with Miki today. Maybe next week?"

I sighed. "Yeah, sure."

That was her excuse. Anika and I separated in middle school. I was the one that left. Then we slowly began to separate relationship wise. But it wasn't her fault. It was Miki's. The reason I never liked Miki because she thinks she can prove me wrong. I may seem like I can kick ass or something because of my attitude. But what people don't know is that I am an introvert. The reason I try to be cool and try to fit in is because I don't want people to know that I'm...what do you call it? A wimp. Miki called me that and for some reason, I believe it.

Miki continued taking Anika away from me ever since I left. All three of us were once in a group. But Miki thought that I was not "suited" for the kind of group that I created. I never knew what her problem was with me. Whenever I would get in a fight with Miki or try to prove myself right, Anika would stand up for Miki.  The girl I've known since middle school! It's so frustrating! I swear, one day I'll strangle Miki to death.

Yup. Even introverts can think murderous thoughts. But nobody cares what they think because they think that they are helpless, speechless and just plain boring. They are quiet, shy and just "normal". But no. The reason you don't know what they think is because they know that they are going to judge them by how they are on the outside. They don't trust you. Why should they trust you? Give them a good reason why.

BAM! My heart stopped for a half a second and I felt that all my blood had rushed all the way to my head. "HAHA! I got you!" mocked a voice, who must have been the person that slammed the door to give me heart stroke. It was Liam. Sometimes I wish I could just burn him alive. 

"LIAM YOU ALMOST GAVE ME HEART STROKE YOU IDIOT!" I screamed at him. He bolted away from the door as fast as he possibly could before I could yell at him any longer. I ran behind him with my face drenched with redness, since my blood was pumping back to normal.

Since I was such a smart person I decided I would try to put my leg in front of his stomach and enjoy laughing at as he slides down the stairs like a snowboard. When I attempted to trip my tall brother, the leg that was behind me decided to betray me and slid on the polished, wooden stairs. I fell face first on the comfy, tiled floor. Knowing that I hit my nose pretty hard, it began to bleed. Great. What a perfect way to end your Monday.

♥♥♥♥

The next morning, I decided to skip breakfast. Not because I wasn't hungry but because Liam was acting like a total idiot. Like yesterday, my uncle dropped me off at school, where my hoping-to-be-successful dreams were. After all, I am a commoner. My first class was French. I sat down in the nearest desk closest to the board. Since it's a lot easier to look at the front instead of being at the back of the room convincing yourself being blind when you try to figure out what the teacher was writing on the chalkboard. 

I plopped my bag beside me and rustled through the pockets, looking for some pencil and paper. While I was groping through the pockets, the bag stumbled over and all my things fell out. But it wasn't a big problem so I grabbed whatever was close to me.

"Dropped something?" said a voice that was over my head. When I looked up I saw a boy with brown hair handing me my pencil leads that had fallen out. The more I looked at the guy the more suspicious I was thinking "he" was a "she". Is my mind playing with me? 

"Thanks!" I said while grabbing the pencil lead out of his hand. I grabbed everything else that was on the floor while the guy, whose name was Haruhi, was helping me. I managed to find everything okay and sat back in my seat to begin class. For french, my teacher explained that we had to do a group project to create a presentation involving french literature, history, music etc.

It was a big project so it made sense to work in a group of four. But I didn't know anybody in my class. That was a problem. Once the teacher ended her instructions, I looked around hoping to find a decent stash of people. Nobody seemed to have an extra space for me, but the class did have an even number of students so I'd have to get stuck with one group eventually. "Hey! (y/n) right?" yelled Haruhi. He was at the end of the room and seemed to be alone. "Do you want to join our group?"

At least I didn't get stuck with those gossip girls over there. I said in my mind while looking back, seeing a group of girls giggling their heads off. So I guess you could say I was lucky. At least, that's what I thought. The moment I reached Haruhi, I saw the two twins again, giving me an evil smirk.

Sorry for leaving this on a cliffhanger. XD

That_Fandom_Freak

Published: November/06/2016

Edited: January/03/2017