Chapter 6: Corrupted

William was leaning on my counter rinsing the blood from his cheek.

"Oh my God," I said panicking. Running over to him, I asked "Are you okay?"

He turned around and I gasped. A welt in the shape of someones hand was on his cheek.

"Not right now," William said, "but I'll live. What we need to do is fix your door." William stared at my broken door which repaired and re hinged itself back on the doorframe.

"How'd you do that?" I whispered in shock.

"Futuristic powers." William answered like it wasn't a big deal. "Where's Victoria?"

"I slit her throat," I told him calmly.

"You slit someones throat?" William looked appalled. "And here I thought you were so nice and sweet."

"Oh I am," I assured him smiling. "But every girl that seems super nice also has the capability to be equally as mean. Besides, she was a devil worshiper. Victoria had it coming."

"You're badass...that's hot." William smirked at me.

"So what are we going to do with her body?" I asked, biting my lip to suppress a smile.

"Oh it's already turned to dust. People who choose the devil lose their souls so when they die, there's no real body left."

"Wow, well what are we going to do now. I'm sure the time stream is way off. We've got to find it William, before we end up doing something like causing your great great grandparents to never meet or something." I brushed back my hair, feeling very stressed right now.

"We've got to get out of here. Your home is no longer safe if Satanists from the future were able to get here." William said.

"Where are we going to go?"

"I don't know. Anywhere but here."

"Okay," I agreed, "but if we're going anywhere, we need cash, at least while we're in this time period." I grabbed $5k from my safe and pushed it inside my backpack. "Let's go."

William grabbed my hand and we ran outside. Little did we realize we were running straight into danger. The moment we stepped outside, we found ourselves surrounded by the FBI pointing guns at us.

"William Lewis and Linda Winters, don't move."

Shit.