Chapter 7: Reptilians

William and I stood frozen, exchanging looks of horror. We had about 15 guns pointed at us with glaring FBI agents behind them. The odds were stacked against us.

"What's going on here?" William asked calmly. His neutrality shocked me, but then again if he comes from a time where murder is legal, then this was probably nothing.

I looked at one of the agents and his face shifted weirdly. His skin was also turning green and his eyes were drawing close together. Was he even a real FBI agent? Then it hit me.

"William! These are Reptilians!" I said to him. His head jerked in my direction with widened eyes.

"What?"

"Look!" I pointed at the guy who was now green with one eye. William looked at him in horror. "Linda take my hand."

But it was too late. The Reptilians were closing in on us. One leapt at me and I suddenly felt energy surge through my body like never before. Faster than lightning, I ducked and tore the gun from his hands. I aimed for his head and pulled the trigger.

His head fell off and I watched in disgust as green slime poured out. Gross!

Suddenly my arms were painfully jerked behind me. I cried out as I felt rope tying my wrists together.

"Linda!" William roared as he saw me. He ran towards me only to have another Reptilian throw him down. He raised his gun and pointed it at William's head.

"NOOO!" I yelled. Another surge of energy ran through me. My fingers felt as if electricity was going off inside them. I tore through the rope with my nails.

The Reptilian holding me looked shocked and his face twisted into a menacing scowl. He lunged at me and I placed my hand on his shoulder. Electricity ran through his body and he froze. He was dead before he hit the ground.

I yanked the gun from the Reptilian about to kill William. This one was stronger than the others. He seized my neck and began squeezing while lifting me up. He was too far away for me to electrocute and it was getting harder to breathe.

There was a shot and the ugly green hand released me. I fell to the ground and so did his head which was busted open

William grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "Let's go! It's dangerous here!"

I grasped his hand and stood up. My feet felt wet though. I looked down. There was a stream of water. A steam. The time steam!

"William, look!" I pointed at the time stream and his eyes widened. We took one look at it, nodded then jumped into it.