Chapter 8: Past Times

William and I screamed as we felt ourselves falling through the time.stream. It was a strange experience for me. It was like we were going down a vertical tunnel. Finally we stopped moving.

Looking around us, we were in someone's back yard. I exchanged a surprised look with William who put his finger to his lips. We slowly crept to the window and peeked inside.

I gasped. Inside there was a man who resembled me. How could this be? Then I remembered. This was Liam, my big brother. He'd died about 3 years ago under mysterious circumstances. The police ruled it a suicide, but nobody in my family had ever believed it.

"That's my brother," I whispered to William. "He died in 2011, which must be where we are now."

William's eyes widened. "Look!"

I turned from him to see a woman standing over Liam's bed. She was smiling.

"Who are you?" My brother asked standing up quickly.

"Oh that's not important," she laughed.

"Get out," Liam told her. "Now."

The woman sneered. "What happens if I don't?" I watched as she began morphing into a vampire with pale white skin and blood red eyes. Liam let out a scream of fright and began running. She laughed sadistically and begin dragging him back by his ankles.

"That's it," I said determinedly. "I'm going in."

"Linda, you mustn't! The time steam is already out of....."

"I don't give a damn about the time stream! My brother is about to die! Let's go!" I felt the electricity heating up in my fingers and I blasted a gaping hole through the window.

The vampire froze as she watched William and I crash through.

"What is this? I get an appetizer, dinner and dessert?" She licked her lips.

"Release him," William commanded.

"Now!" I added fiercely. I was ready to kill her already. Nobody messes with my family or friends.

"And why should I let him go. He's going to cause us great trouble in the future." The vampire began swinging Liam by his ankles.

That was the moment I lost it. I sent a volt of electricity at her face. She howled and grabbed her face. William pulled a stake from his boot and plunged it through her chest. Her body froze and she turned into ashes.

"Sis?" Liam asked me with wide eye.

I nodded. "Yeah it's me." I ran to my brother and hugged him. "Are you okay, Liam?"

"Yeah, I am now. But how are you here? And since when can you shoot electricity through your fingers?"

I looked at William then back at Liam. "We're from 2014." I began, hoping he'd catch on.

Liam looked puzzled. "But this is 2011."

"Liam, in 2014, you're dead. Or at least you were. We killed the creature that would have killed you."

"Ok, so wait," Liam shook his head. "Are you telling me that you're from 2014, the future?"

I confirmed that by nodding. "William and I are working to stop the Illuminati from putting the New World Order into effect in the future."

"Seriously?" Liam gasped.

"Yeah."

"That's awesome."

"Yeah. Awesome but dangerous." Very dangerous.

"I'm coming with," Liam told me.

"What?! No!" I objected.

"Listen to me." Liam said. "You're my little sis. As your big brother, I'm supposed to look out for you. I'm coming."

"Fine," I relented. Once Liam set his mind to something, it was very rare you could convince him otherwise.

"Who's your boyfriend?" My brother asked.

"Friend." I amended.

"I'm William." He and Liam shook hands.

"Nice to meet you," Liam said. William nodded.

"So let's get outta here? We've got some Illuminati ass to kick, right?" Liam looked from me to William.

The three of us all laughed as we exited the house.