Chapter 5: Stuck In The Moment

"I'm confused, Will," I told him after about 3 hours of conversation. "I mean, I understand everything about the future. But what I can't figure is we are going to get to your time period or how you even got to this time period."

"Honey, I'm not sure how to get back to the future either. But I did get here by jumping into the time stream." William explained.

"Time stream?" I inquired.

"Yes. Technology in the future is very developed so I was able to think what year did the Illuminati begin to rise and be transported here. But this being a time with little technology, we're going to have one hell of a job finding a time steam here. They exist but they're gonna be hard to locate."

"Is the time steam actually a...stream?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, of course." William answered. "Didn't you know?"

"No, I thought it was just a phrase."

Suddenly my door burst open. William and I jumped and turned to see a woman  somewhere in her mid thirties standing there.

"Hello William. Hello Linda." She said smiling coldly.

"How do you know my name?" I demanded.

"That's Victoria. She's a Devil worshiper from my time. " William whispered.

"Yes," Victoria said,  casually waking inside my home. "Oh and I know your name because you are the one who is destined to stop the holy Illuminati's cause. Or at least you were. After I kill you, the threat to the New America will be gone."

"You aren't going to touch her." William snarled at Victoria then he lunged. She casually ducked then struck him across the face. Blood poured from William's cheek and he roared in agony.

Victoria slowly walked towards me. "How does it feel knowing that you're about to die? Knowing that you were the one destined to save the world?" She taunted.

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. Victoria laughed and followed me.

"Stay back!" I told her, holding the knife in front of me.

"So weak," she sighed. "So pathetic." In the blink of an eye, she was in front of me. Victoria seized me by my neck and lifted me up.

"You know," I said coughing, "for someone who's about to die, you've got a big mouth." I plunged the knife through Victoria's neck.

She immediately released me and screamed. I reached down and pulled the knife out and watched the blood gush out her neck. "That was for breaking down my door. But this is for what you did to William." I grabbed her hair and lifting up her head, I slowly slit her throat. She writhed and hollered in pain and then she stopped. Victoria was dead. Dropping the knife, I ran to William to see if he was okay.