The truth (part 1)

Hi...Btw these are thoughts.Anyways,see you at the end of the chapter!

(April 23rd, Year 2543)

Your POV

I rubbed my eyes tiresomely, opening them to find myself in the same old room.

Well, now I realised I was being silly for a moment there. Of course I would be in the same room..same bed as yesterday....I'm not waking up to find myself on someone else's bed on ANY day.

I reluctantly got out of my bed and walked to the kitchen with droopy shoulders.My Mother had gone to shop for daily necessities and my Father was, um.In the military. I heard that there was once a tiny country in which males above a certain age had to go to the military. Should that make me feel better? Its pretty much the same in here. But... who's to complain? After all, we have to defend ourselves.We're our only defences apart from the technology and robots we have.

That mind of mine was wandering off again. Just then,I felt my tummy protest. With the push of a button,and proceeded to get into proper attire,grabbing the sandwich and walked to the door. With the door automatically locked behind me, I left the house with half of the remaining sandwich, the existence of the other half threatened by the digestive juices of my small intestine.

I soon wolfed down the rest of it, while walking down the street to a deserted alley where I found usually meet my 3 buddies.

They were Raymond, Brandon and Alice.We didn't name ourselves anything.We didn't feel the need to name ourselves when we knew one another. We just wanted to be...us.

We usually met at about 1:30pm except for Tuesday's in which Brandon had to attend a lesson personally taught by a human.That isn't the treatment normal people get;He's in the smartest 1% of the population.The other 99%, including me, learn through a household robot.There are about 4 of them in every house. They are multi-functional,ranging from showing entertaining, a educational lecturer to a kitchen helper. Normal people just have to stare and listen to the monotonous voice and redundant lessons of the robot for a 8 hours a week! I wouldn't be grumbling that much if not for how boring the lessons and the robot was. It's just so much of  pain when the robot sends a report to The Management.

As usual, I was second to reach. I always thought that Raymond was just really early all the time. He was a great friend. That... was until a year ago.

(April 23rd, Year 2542)

It was a Tuesday. I was locked out of my own house due to a system malfunction and had to sleep on the streets. So, I decided to go the alley where we always met as it would probably make me feel better.

When I got there, I saw Raymond. Alone. He told me that he was actually an orphan and he worked under someone. He didn't earn much, and I asked, "Do you...have no home?"

"Not exactly. Follow me." He went and pushed a series of buttons and the wall of the back of the alley slowly turned, revealing a place i never knew.

Sorry if the ending is abrupt, but don't worry readers, I have some ideas in mind, so a new chapter will be probably coming out soon. Anyways, byeeeee