The undercover

Your POV

It wasn't much of a party, with only a cake, so the rest was just heart-to-heart talk, since our identities had already been found out, except for me, of course.

Time passed as if it was having a racing competition with light. 1.5 hours went over quickly and Alice had to return to the underground lair to settle some matters. Brandon also had to check on his people, so both of them left.

I was just me and Raymond.

" So.., you.. "

" Yes, I'm from The Elementals. I practice fire and air. "

" How do you..

" How do I skip the art of water, you mean? People can train any element they want after fully mastering the art of fire, but it's faster and easier to learn the art of water, so most people go with water after fire. It's also makes the learning speed of other elements easier. However, I went with air so that I could communicate with people. "

I was puzzled, as I didn't know the other elements. "What are the other elements? " I asked ignorantly.

" There are 5 elements in total. They are fire, water, air, earth and metal. But... legends say that there are two elements, light and darkness, that can only be attained by true elemental prodigies. There are less than 10 people were ever recorded or known to have both the elements, and less than 20 to have either. I joined The Elementals when I was young. Basically, my parents were like yours but my parents were discovered and chased by assassins. They used a magical barrier to seal me inside and hid me somewhere while they got killed, I suppose. I was teleported by an elder and they provided for me. After, I was sent to work for The Management as an undercover as I was one of the few to be sent back to this land and was the top 2-5%. I kind of knew you were in The Elementals, probably by instinct, hence I tried to save you when you were 12. "

Wow... What should I say....After all these years, you realise a person you call you best friend is nothing but someone who is just there to protect you. Just great.

Raymond's POV

Since she now knows where I'm from, I don't think there's much point in hiding my purpose.

But.. she looks really devastated. I'm an idiot. Couldn't I have just found another time to tell her about this. Now what?

I don't really know what to write for this chapter and I know I took a long time to make this, so I apologise for anyone who expected more. See you in the next chapter!