Control of elements

(June 23rd, year 2543)

Your POV

For these 2 months, we didn't even meet up much. We just made up excuses to not meet, whenever possible. Even when we met, we didn't talk much. This wasn't what we were... Or have they always been acting in one another's presence? I didn't know what to believe anymore.

I stayed in bed today, I just didn't feel like getting out of bed. I wanted to just lie down and wish that the day just passed, but that wasn't going to happen for sure.

At about 11:30 a.m, I got out of bed reluctantly. I swung the door open and the next thing I knew, the robots suddenly sprung out of nowhere and danced around me, singing the birthday song.

Then, I realised it was my birthday. I had been so occupied thinking about my friends, or at least, the friends I had.

After the incessant robotic tune died down, one of the robots said, " (y/n), this is mom. Remember the room that you always wanted to go in? Today, I have unlocked its door, but close the door after you enter. Don't let anyone else come with you.

I had my breakfast and walked to the door. I wanted to enter, yet I was afraid there was something I didn't want to know inside. It can't be a good thing when they only allow me to go in this room when I'm 18... right? Let's not think about that.

I took a deep breath and opened the door and went in the room.

It was just a normal empty room. It was pitch dark, with the exception of some light passing through the door that has yet to be closed.

Was this a joke? Unlocking the door of a room that had nothing inside of it?

Anger consumed me, but then suddenly something in my hands started to flicker. It was... A flame? My hands weren't burnt, they.. They produced the flame. I slowly calmed down and tried to control the flame. I didn't want anything, even the robots to see what was in my hand. So I closed the door.

BOOM!

Oh no.

The door locked behind me and a short passageway appeared.

Just then, I remembered what my mother told me.

" Today, I have unlocked its door, but close the door after you enter. "

So the key was closing the door..

Before I could have time to understand why she programmed this room that way, I was greeted with a robotic voice.

" Good afternoon, Miss (y/n) (sorry for boys just make up any name), your parents are waiting for you on the other side. "

I slowly paced through the passageway as I thought,

Wait... Parents? Dad? Isn't he supposed to be in the military?

I had many questions, but I knew the answers I knew were only at the end of the passageway, so i quickened my steps.

I reached the end in less than a minute.

Another door awaited me, and it swung open.

I was... where was I?

It looks like we were on land, but I've never been here before. It didn't seem like there were any human-like robots here.

" I proceeded to move forward, and a few people walked past me, greeting me, " Good afternoon, Princess. "

Me? A princess? What on earth is going on? Have I changed timelines or what?

Hi guys, yes, the MC's a princess. Not like royalty, but yeah. Stay tuned to find out more!