A New Friend

Your POV

" Allow me to demonstrate. "

He controlled one element on each hand, and slowly combined both elements, forming a layered complexity.

" It doesn't burn nor does it make your skin wet. They are evenly layered and they cancel out each other. It acts as both a painkiller and heals the wound. I can only show it to you but I can't apply the magic as I am too weak. Please help me. "

I did what he did and the two elements fused.

He absorbed the combination of elements and his wound was seemingly a lot better after that.

" Thank you. I don't think I have heard your voice before. Are you new here? "

" Actually, this is my first day here. What is your name? "

" I'm Dennis. Not many people know how to combine elements, don't tell anyone else. And what's your name? "

" I'm (y/n). "

And like that, we talked for a few hours.

We hit it off quite well, as if we were best friends.

" How did you come here? " I asked innocently.

" I.. I... "

" It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. It must have been a sad memory. "

" I left home at the age of 16. My father somehow got killed and this incident left my mother got emotionally unstable. She could be sobbing uncontrollably at one moment and at another, she would start hitting me. I couldn't take it... " He said with a tear in his eye.

I felt pity for him.

It wasn't his fault. He didn't deserve this.

Sadness overflowed in me and I allowed water to freeze on my hand, like how my heart froze upon hearing his past.

Dennis changed the topic, " Let's not talk about this anymore, shall we? Your hand's forming ice. " He faked a smile and rubbed his eyes with one hand while he made a flame on the other to melt the ice on my hand.

" You could have gotten a frostbite just now! Be careful with ice. "

" I will. It's getting late, I'll get going now. Bye. "

" Bye. "

I left for the third floor, where I had a small cake with mum and dad.

Only if Dennis has family to celebrate his birthday.

This isn't much but it's better than nothing, right? Just kidding. I did mention I'm going back to writing around 300-400 words so don't be expecting a 2k word essay :P