The Elemetals

Your POV

I quickly walked until I reached a staircase. There was a huge hall on the right and some rooms on the left. They didn't look very interesting, so I went to the next level.

I combed my surroundings. Nothing special in particular. I wanted to go to the next level. It wrote, " Only for the highest authority " Still, I decided to go up, but then flames surrounded and engulfed me. I closed my eyes, and opened them, only to see my parents.

I had so many questions to ask. What was that? Why is my father here? Why did I not know about this place? How were they able to build this?

But I didn't ask. My mouth was just agape, from shock that I was suddenly brought by fire. I think.

My parents were dressed like spell casters, but in a more modern and with a slight hint of authority.

My father faked a strict face, and asked, " Who are you to attempt to proceed to a place in which only the highest authority can enter? "

I regained my composure and calmly replied, " Firstly, I'm the daughter of the King and Queen, so that makes me the highest authority apart from you and mom. Secondly, if I wasn't supposed to be here, why would you bring me here? "

He paused for a moment, and then he smiled. " My dear daughter.. Its so good to see you again. I'm so proud of you, having grown young and elegant lady. No doubt, you will be a great leader in the future. "

Perhaps he saw my bewildered look just now, so he said, " I know you're confused. There are other groups like this too. They're.. "

" The top 1%, The Management and The Eclipse. I just didn't expect myself to have my parents be the leaders of another group. My friends are in them respectively. But ever since we knew about each other, we started to distance ourselves. "

" I won't object to you being friends with them, since they do not know your identity. Back to the topic, why I wanted you to know this was because both your mother and I were in the top 1%. However, we were one of the few who had strong willpower and did not get brainwashed. To not get killed, we faked our deaths and changed identities. Our families, who were the elders of The Eclipse, were very wealthy and funded our research. My parents were secretly the leaders of The Elementals and elders of The Eclipse at the same time. When they died, which was before your birth, we took over them and continued researching. Few people know of the connection between us and The Eclipse. Oh I forgot to mention what we are called. It sounds kind of old, but we're The Elementals. Generations taught the next how to control the elements. Our ancestors were the strongest. As the skills were passed on to future generations, some got stronger while others got weaker. We, luckily, got stronger throughout the years (before the zombie apocalypse). We hid our skills from most of the humans but were able to put it to good use when fighting the zombies. Even after we resided in here, the people like us still continued to pass down our skills without being noticed. This isn't the land you live in. I found a clearing of land in which I used to build this place. All the people like us know the basic magic and their children stay here, educated on both magic preparation and academics. "

I didn't understand. " Then why didn't I live in here too? " I thought aloud.

" I didn't want you to feel left out or privileged, either way was not good for you, so I decided you should stay there. Also, I cloned myself so that clone would be in the military. I'll teach you the most basic element for now-fire. "

" I somehow got a flame flickering from my palm today... "

" Do you think you can perform it right now? To do so for starters you need to think of memories that anger you. After a while, you'll be able to control it as you please. "

Hmm.. makes sense. That's probably how I produce a flame anyways.

I tried it again, thinking of the harsh memories. There seemed to be little memories except for my friends being in different groups, but that didn't matter anymore. Just then, I remembered what happened when I was 12...

Hi to the readers, this has been a really boring chapter I guess with all the long texts and just info. Not really that interesting. For this chapter I wrote it on a few different occasions, so the quality isn't so good. I try to publish a chapter every day so thanks for as much support as I get! Ok now byeeee