Sparring with Raymond

Raymond's POV

A silence lingered in the air like a thick fog for the next few minutes, as if our eyes and mouth have been covered, being unable to neither see nor speak.

I broke the silence, " Do you want to.. practice your elements? "

What am I saying... How would she be in the mood to even train?

Surprisingly, she just said , " Fight me when you reach the other side. " And she used fire magic to teleport to the training grounds of The Elementals, I think.

I teleported shortly after her, just to listen to her voice when I reached, " Block this! " and proceeded to blast a ring of fire around me.

I swiftly used air the blow the fire away in a circular motion, and blasted in her direction after she shot a jet of water at me. I realised there were two fireballs so I placed an air barrier that blew fire outwards for a short period of time. Oops,too late. I deflected the fireballs but the jet of water still lunged right in my face.

Splat!

It didn't hurt, not really. I saw (y/n) softly giggling at me, so I joked in a dramatic manner, pretending to frantically touch my face, " Oh no! I got hit! Is there some acid that will corrode my face? Is there some poison that will lead me to a slow and painful death? I'm going to dieeee. " (this is just plain random)

I could see (y/n) holding her laughter, but burst out laughing soon enough.

It's good to see the cheerful side of her again.

Still recovering from laughter, she said while still uncontrollably laughing, " No, silly! It's just basic water magic! "

Suddenly, she shot another jet of water at me. I dodged, and the plants that were shot at dissolved in a matter of seconds.

" Well that isn't. "

" I was just curious if that imaginative acid or poison would distract you. " She said sweetly with a smile.

I knew it was a reply that consisted of both wit and sarcasm that was directed at me, but to make (y/n) happy, it was all worth it.

This is quite a short chapter, but its only about an hour before the celebration started, so yea. And one more thing, I'll be posting a chapter about once a day or two as school just resumed after a short holiday so.. great.