Friendly battle

Your POV

We practiced for a while longer, and afterwards proceeded to go indoors.

Just as we got to the stairs, a throwing dagger was shot in my direction.

I created a water wall to stop it with water resistance, but paper bullets came my way and absorbed the water.

I was about to look at the attacker when thick dust blew into our eyes.

I felt heat nearing us but I could not summon any more water as I had yet to master the art of water.

Luckily, Raymond controlled the air around us and turned the wave of fire against the attacker.

Our vision cleared as we watched the attacker shoot some water to extinguish the fire below and turned into a puddle of water that speedily got through the fire. The attacker reverted to their original form and took off the hood on their head.

" Rachel? What are you doing here? "

Her smile was as sweet as caramel, and she was the type of girl that would mesmerise any guy in an instant.

She replied, " The same reason why you are here; I'm here to celebrate the princess's birthday and welcome her. By the way, who's this person you have here? "

" The person whose birthday you are about to celebrate. "

She had a glance at me, and then looked back at Raymond.

" W..Wow.. She mastered the art of fire and learnt how to perform water skills in less than one day? You got to be kidding me. "

" Let's go and we'll see. "

" Whatever. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Hi, my name's Rachel. I'm an undercover, just like Raymond. Raymond, Zoey and I work together so don't be jealous. " She let out her words with a laugh.

She went up the stairs as Raymond and I looked at each other. For some reason, I felt slightly uncomfortable my cheeks started burning.

Did I like him? And who was Zoey?

Sorry for the late post, I'm having the common writer's block and I try to make things perfect so I may take some time. Anyways, see you in the next chapter!