Elemental Genius

(year 2543)

Your POV

Reality started reaching out to me again.

I looked at my palm. The flames wildly grew in my arm, but then it stabilised.

" That.. was unexpected. It usually takes a year for people to control such a large fire in your hand. You're a natural! Try aiming at something like this. "

Father created a tree within a matter of seconds, after placing a seed on the ground.

I was clearly shocked. And one more thing; How do I aim in the first place?

" Oh, sorry. I forgot to teach you have to aim and blast. It's not that simple, but also not that complicated. For starters, you... "

I just tried to push it off towards the direction of the tree. And my magic grazed the tree into ashes in a second.

" ... "

I just looked at that pile of ash of a tree that offended no one.

I pitied it, for some reason. It just grew and died.

I felt water in my hands. Not like sweat due to my sweaty palms, but real water.

I looked at my palm once again, and a small puddle of water had been produced. Another element. Was I dreaming?

Father told me, " Only when the art of fire is perfected, will you be able to learn the other elemental arts. "

" But.. "

" No buts for this matter. I'll teach you most of the skills for fire today. You can stay here and practice here or back there if you want. Before that. I can ask someone to give you a tour around this place. "

" That's not what... "

" Don't be stubborn, my darling. "

I had to tell them, but they keep shutting me up. I could make a fire barrier with my magic! And since I made some water on my hand... Does it mean I perfected the art of fire?

Hence, with my other hand, I created fire magic at will and made a barrier that could give me enough time to say whatever I needed to.

" I think I got the art of water!" I yelled through the barrier, before a jet of water destroyed the barrier. "

" Stop this nons... Wait what? "

A small amount of water still remained in my hand as I showed it to him, as if it was the first time he ever saw it.

" You have perfected fire.... "

He almost fainted and fell to the ground but made a platform of leaves with... Earth?

He regained his composure and said, " That is extremely fast progress, but it could also be dangerous. Take it one step at a time. It is 2 p.m. now. Everyone would be celebrating your birthday at the hall at 5 p.m. You have 3 hours to do what you want.  I'm fine with you going to meet your friends. "

" Thanks, dad. "

" Oh, before that, let me show you the teleportation and some self-defence tricks with fire. "

It didn't take long, so I watched and listened patiently before trying the teleportation skill out. It was quite handy.

The thing is,

I teleported right in front of them.

" Hi guys, sorry for being late... "

Their eyes were fixated at me.

" What? "

Alice asked, " How did you get here.. "

This isn't good. I did it in front of them.

Oh no! They saw fire magic! How will the MC get out of the situation? Stay tuned to find out!