Chapter 14: Chi-City (by Common feat. Kanye West)

*****************************************************************

I edited this chapter on 7/31/17.  I made a few changes to Niall and Olivia's conversation from Chapter 13.  I changed Olivia's views on the paparazzi and it affects her conversation with Niall.  The conversation does change the events that lead her to Chicago.  The only other chapter that will be affect by this change will be Chapter 13.

*****************************************************************

Later that night I realize I haven't heard from Niall since our brief text conversation. I decide to give him a call but get his voicemail. I hang up and send a quick text. I was upset with what happened and have had some time to process it. It still scares me to think about what media will dig up about my past. I don't blame Niall for this happening. I knew who he was before I started to hang out with him; I was just stupid to think I wouldn't be affected.

Niall POV

When I wake up I see that TMZ has posted pictures of me and Olivia holding hands.  I immediately get worried that she will want nothing to do with me. The paps are already taking photos of us after only a few days of knowing each other. I hope this doesn't scare her away. She is pretty amazing and I would like to get to know her better. I send her a text to call me but by the time she gets back to me she is already aware of the article. The photos really catch her off guard and she is shocked about all the attention. I didn't want to tell her that if we continue to see each other this is only the beginning of the invasion of her privacy. Her life would no longer belong to her if she kept seeing me.  I was scared that she won't want anything to do with  me.

After spending all day in rehearsals and messing about with the boys, I head back to my room.  I haven't talked to Olivia since this morning and I can't stop worrying if she ok.  She ended our conversation quickly.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and the battery is dead.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I wanted to talk to her all day and now I have to wait. I throw the phone on the charger and lay on my bed waiting for it to have enough charge to text her but I fall asleep.

When I wake up it is the next morning and don't remember falling asleep.  I look at the clock on the nightstand and it says 10am. I can't believe I slept for 12 hours. I take a look at my phone and see that I have a missed call and text from Olivia.

Olivia: Hi! Just want to check in on you.

Niall: Hi. Sorry I missed your call. My phone died and  I fell asleep waiting for it to charge.

Olivia: It's ok. I know you are busy.

Niall: How are you doing today?

Olivia: Better. I had some time to let everything settle in. It still upsets me but I know it's not your fault.

I sigh in relief when she says that.  Honestly it is all I could hope for right now, her understanding.

Niall: I hope this doesn't change anything between us. Friends?

Olivia: Yes of course we are still friends.

I would love to see her again. Maybe sort out if we can be more then friends. Maybe I could also show her that there is more to my life than intrusions from the media.

Niall: What are you up to today and tomorrow?

Olivia: Nothing. Just like usual.

Niall: Would you consider coming to Chicago to hangout and give it another go?