Darren Fletcher

A/N: just to explain preemptively, Thalia says that she's been held back a grade so that she'll be in the same class as Nico and Will.

I kept my head down as I walked through the halls. I used to be part of the jocks/popular kids but then an angry ex-girlfriend let the whole school know that I was bi.

I couldn't help it as my eyes moved to the dark corners, hoping to catch a glimpse of the hottest guy in school.

Nico di Angelo. He was a gay goth boy who usually kept to himself. Ashlyn Grey had told the whole school about Nico and Will. We could believe it about Nico but Will was just too much of a guy to be gay.

Anyways, I got into Greek Mythology class and saw Nico, Thalia, and Will whispering amongst each other when suddenly Thalia groaned loudly.

"Kelp Head is coming? Why cruel world!?"

Nico gave her a look.

"Because it's Friday and over at his school board it's a P.A. day."

Will leaned around Nico to look at Thalia.

"Well, at least Annabeth is coming as well."

Thalia huffed and sank down in her seat.

Two minutes later, a guy who seemed about 18 years old, almost three years older than us, walked in. Boy was he hot.

He had windswept black hair and seagreen eyes. His light grey T-shirt displayed his lean, muscular swimmer's body perfectly. He gave a lopsided smile to the class as he leaned on the desk behind him.

"Hey everyone, my name is Percy. Your Greek mythology teacher is sick and some of your classmates suggested that I fill in with my fiancée however she wasn't feeling well this morning either so for now it's just me."

I saw Thalia glaring at her friends out of the corner of my eye.

"Now who here knows how long a Greek demigod would usually survive?"

A few hands went up and Percy chose randomly. It was a smarty pants girl with black hair and dark green eyes.

"To about twenty two years old."

Percy slowly moved away from the teacher's desk.

"Well, you're close but not quite. Thalia," he said in an amused voice. "do you know the answer?"

The punk girl glared daggers at him.

"Usually about 12-16 years old."

The first girl who'd been called scoffed.

"That wasn't even close to being exact so I highly doubt-"

"Thalia is correct."

The girl stared in shock and disbelief at Percy before turning an angry look towards Thalia.

"Does anyone know exactly why that is?"

Determined to prove to the hot guy that she was smart, the girl's arm shot into the air.

Percy raised an eyebrow at her but still called on her.

"Because they're always saving mortals from monsters." She replied while smirking in Thalia's direction.

"That is part of the why they die young but it's also because sometimes demigods grow resentful of their parents. The gods wouldn't communicate with their demigod children unless they wanted the demigods to do their dirty work or clean their messes."

"Gee teach, sounds like you speak from personal experience." Thalia said in a mocking tone.

Percy glared at her.

"Shut. Up. Pinecone Face." He said.

Anger sparked in Thalia's eyes.

"Oh you are going down Perseus."

Her eyes widened as she realized what she'd said.

"Perce, I swear I didn't mean it!"

"What the Hades!?!" A girl exclaimed, scared of this new side of the hottie.

He advanced menacingly on Thalia and the whole class closed their eyes, not wanting to watch what'd come next.

I peeked through my fingers to see Percy looking like he was about to punch Thalia only for them to fist bump and burst out laughing along with Nico and Will.

"Oh gods, you guys should've seen your faces!!! Priceless!"

Thalia said through her laughter.

"Yeah, as if I'd maim my little cousin."

She glared at him.

"I'm technically older than you Kelp Head."

Nico decided to but into the conversation.

"If we're talking technicalities, I'm way older than both of you."

Percy smirked.

"So what you're saying Neeks, is that Will likes older men?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

Nico flushed red, he was so hot, and let his hair fall into his eyes.

Will smiled from behind Nico and went to speak but didn't get a chance as a beautiful blonde girl walked in, assessed the situation with her gorgeous grey eyes, and spoke.

"Seaweed Brain, stop antagonizing Nico."

Percy looked over at her and was by her side.

The two had a quick whispered conversation before the blonde stood up straight.

"Really Percy, I'm fine. Now," she turned to the class "my name is Annabeth Chase. I'll be teaching with Percy."

And they did teach. They were both really good at teaching and Percy provided a fair amount of comic relief.

By the time class was over, I was pretty sure that almost everyone in the class could ace a Greek Mythology quiz.

---------------------------------

I walked outside at the end of the day to see Nico, Thalia, and Will standing under the same tree they always stood under but this time, Percy and Annabeth were standing with them.

Percy stood with his arm around Annabeth's waist, go figure, and his head resting on her shoulder.

Thalia had her arms crossed and seemed to be joking around with Percy. However, it wasn't either of those things that caught my attention.

Nico was leaning comfortably into Will and in return, Will's arms were wrapped around the smaller boy and his head was resting on top of Nico's.

Seeing that, I didn't even bother myself with going over there.

I got into my car and drove away.