Janice Flora

A/N: I know this is really late, and this chapter is short. Sorry.

Valentine's day is one of my least favourite holidays ever. Or at least, it was.

I'm in grade 8 and last year on Valentine's day, all my friends had boyfriends while I was single. This year however, I've got an amazing boyfriend and intend to enjoy this holiday. The only thing is, I feel really bad for my newest friend Hazel Levesque.

She always says that she had a boyfriend who's in grade ten but we can tell that it isn't true. She just doesn't want to be single on Valentine's day so she made up a fake boyfriend. I honestly considered doing that last year.

Throughout the day, various members of our little friend group sent pity filled looks her way when they passed her in the hall.

At the end of the day, we all gathered by the parking lot for our parents to get us and for some reason, Hazel seemed really excited.

You see, Hazel's only living family is her older half-brother Nico who is turning seventeen later this year. Everyday after school, he comes to pick her up in his black car. So really, she has no reason to be excited.

About three minutes after we got outside, I heard the sound of two cars coming closer, really quickly. I looked at my phone. Nico shouldn't be here to pick up Hazel for at least another seven minutes. Even so, Hazel was standing and walking away from where we had been sitting on a bench.

Two cars sped into the parking lot at practically the same time. One was bright, sunshine yellow with a cool black sun design on the hood while the other was a vibrant, blood red with gold stripes on the side.

An eighteen or so year old guy who had shaggy blonde hair, a lean, tan body, and bright, sky blue eyes stepped out of the driver's side of the yellow car, a wide grin on his face. Nico, a thin guy with a pale Italian complexion who always wore all black, stepped out of the passenger's side and looked over at the red car.

From the red car stepped a guy who I'm guessing was either sixteen or seventeen years old. He was really tall with tons of muscles, like, super buff, and he looked at least part Chinese.

"I swear I beat you Chinese-Canadian Baby Man!" The blonde guy called over to the buff guy.

Nico whacked him in the side of the head as "Chinese-Canadian Baby Man" shook his head, chuckling.

"Be careful Will, you're starting to sound like Percy. Remember, Percy isn't Nico's type." Hazel said gleefully, leaving us all confused Nico groaned in exasperation.

"Frank!!!"

Hazel giggled before launching herself at the guy and giving him a deep kiss which he returned.

We blushed though I had to admit that the scene was entertaining.

Nico averted his eyes from his little sister and her boyfriend, instead letting his forehead rest on Will's shoulder.

Hazel broke the kiss and turned to us.

"Guys, you know my brother Nico. This is my boyfriend Frank and Nico's boyfriend Will." When she said the last bit about her brother's boyfriend she got a steely look in her eye. Almost as if she was saying "you judge my brother, you can tell me what the afterlife is like".

We said hello but then they had to leave because they had plans for Valentine's day.

That is how I met Frazel and Solangelo.