Ms. Carren

Hey, I don't really know how I'm supposed to start this so let's just give it a try.

My name is Josy Carren, I am a fourth grade teacher and today was veterans day. I had my class invite their families and anyone that they might know who fought in a war.

One of my students, Achilles Jackson, is a very serious boy on a normal day but today he looked depressed. Even when his mother, Annabeth Jackson, came he didn't cheer up.

I watched as most of the kids flocked to Anthony Trevor as he spoke, chest puffed out, noise in the air.

"My dad is going to be speaking today. He is a general in the army and has gone on a bunch of super important missions."

Achilles turned away and leaned against the wall. His mom had already gone into the gym with the other parents and his siblings were in their own classes.

I felt really bad for them, having no dad and all. At least, I'd never seen any Mr. Jackson.

Julia, one of Achilles' friends went over to him and put a hand on his shoulder but he shook it off which was unusual for him.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and led the kids to the gym for the presentation.

Mr. Trevor did his piece but then he had some sort of extra announcement. Everyone else seemed just as confused as me so I just sat back and listened.

"I have a special treat for some of the kids that are in this room. Some high ranked people, even higher than me, have come home. I would like to introduce the leaders of the air force, army, and navy, Mr. Grace, Mr. Zhang, and Mr. Jackson!"

Ten kids ran to the three men who were standing in the main doorway, including Achilles.

"Dad!!!" They all exclaimed.

A tall, buff man in an army uniform who looked a little Chinese was lifting two four year old girls in a huge hug. A blonde man with bronze glasses who was wearing an air force uniform was hugging an eight year old boy and a seven year old girl.

The last man had black hair with a hardly noticeable streak of grey in it, bright sea green eyes, and he wore a navy uniform. He was hugging six children. Achilles and his siblings, Luke (8), Zoë (8), Ethan (6), Thallas (4), Selena (4).

Annabeth Jackson ran to the Navy guy with her little two year old, Damien and Bobby.

A woman with dark skin, cinnamon coloured hair, and gold eyes ran towards the army guy with a two year old in her arms.

Last but not least, a Cherokee woman ran forward to the air force guy.

Well, I guess there is a Mr. Jackson.