Cassia Bronwynn

I am a lesbian.

"It's just a faze."

"Fag!"

"So, do you have a boyfriend?"

"Dike!"

"I can straighten you out."

"Lesbo!"

"You just haven't met the right guy yet."

Those are the types of comments that I got at school, at the park, during family dinners, etc. So, do you blame me for not telling a camp full of gorgeous demigod girls that I liked girls, not guys?

The queen bees would bully me at school because I'm apparently a freak but honestly, I think it's because they wanted attention. All the guys wanted to "straighten me out" and even the other girls seemed worried that I would try and "turn" them.

Last week I found out that I was a daughter of Aphrodite and life has been pretty good thanks to my half sister, Piper. But now, she's leaving. At least for a while.

The Greek half of the seven are going to camp Jupiter to visit the Romans. Because all of them would be at the Roman camp, the female Praetor will be coming over here.

Well it's not going to help me.

As I watched Piper pack up her things, I could feel my anxiety grow, slowly but surely turning into hysteria.

"Are you sure I can't go with you?"

"Cassia, I won't always be here. When I leave you have to be able to take care of yourself I'll be coming back soon enough. Until then, you should talk to Reyna. She may seem unapproachable but she's really nice."

I pulled the sleeves of my baggie hoodie over my hands and felt my chest tighten as my sister closed the cabin door.

"Well, well, well. Cassia darling, Piper has been coddling you. We simply must get you a boyfriend."

I turned around to see Drew Tanaka standing by the makeup tables with a smug, condescending smirk.

No, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening!

She must've noticed my reluctance because she adopted a look of annoyance.

"What, do you already have a boyfriend? Or are you-?" She ended with widening eyes.

I felt my breath quicken and started to slowly back away, towards the door.

She opened her mouth to say something but I didn't give her a chance. I ran.

I knew that Drew has a reputation for being judgmental about almost everything towards basically everyone besides herself. I refused to hang around and listen to her insults. I could feel the tears streaming down my face and wanted to scream, I hate crying.

I was running towards the arena when I bumped into someone. I kept my head down, desperately trying not to let anyone see me as weak and/or figure out my secret.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. Well, I've really got to go, bye." I said as quickly as possible before starting to go again.

The person grabbed my arm.

"Wait! Are you alright?" Said a girl's voice. It sounded pretty which made me want to cry even more.

She turned me around and lifted my chin, exposing my tearstained face. She was pretty.

She had short, light golden brown hair that was only just fitting into a ponytail. There was a shine of mischief in her pale blue eyes.

"The name's Honesty. Tell me your troubles." She said, dragging me over to the canoe lake.

"N-no, really. I've got to go."

"Nonsense! Now if you don't sit down and tell me what's wrong, I swear I'm gonna trip you to get you down here."

Reluctantly, I sat down next to her.

"There, that wasn't too hard now was it?"

I reached up to dry my eyes and blushed as my arm brushed against hers.

"So, first of all, what's your name?"

"Cassia."

She looked out at the water, a small grin spread across her face.

"Now I believe you were going to tell me what has you crying on such a lovely day."

I blushed once again and snuck a couple glaces at her.

"I-it's nothing. Relationship problems. At least, something like that."

I looked down at my hands and silently cursed myself for blushing so much.

Honesty had been silent for a little while so I went to look at her only to find her face really close to mine and my breath hitched.

"I think I know how I could help you out."

A sly smile slid onto her face and suddenly she leaned forward and kissed me.

I was so shocked that for a moment I didn't kiss back. I honestly didn't see that coming. Eventually I came to my senses though and returned her kiss.

When we pulled apart I smiled at her and she smiled back. At that moment we were startled by a really loud squeal.

We turned to see my half sister Drew and who I think is praetor Reyna standing behind us.

Reyna had a small smile on her face and Drew looked like she was attempting, and failing, to resist the urge to jump up and down.

"GAY SHIPS ARE LIFE!!! I SHIP IT!!!"

More of my half siblings appeared as though attracted to Drew's words.

When Drew noticed that the other Aphrodite kids had arrived, she rallied them up.

"Come on people, to the wall of OTPs! We have a new ship setting sail!!!

I laughed as they left towards our cabin. I don't know why I ever really wanted to hide who I was.

I guess you could say that's how I met a demigod?