Ball

****Char's POV****

I arrived back in Essex at around 3 in the afternoon and made my way alone to Pete's apartment. I needed to see where he was and he had Lola at his house. Chris was upset that we were parting hut I had to do this alone. Over the past couple of days I've noticed that he seems even more wary around other people, especially our friends.

I let myself in and found him snuggled up to the dog on the sofa.

"Hey babe" I said and gave him a hug. "How are you doing?"

"Not the best, I tried to speak to her last night but she was having none of it. I can't lose her Char." He said. "I don't know why I did it."

"Well you're not going to win her back like this. Clean yourself up and make sure you're there tonight. I want my brother to support me."

"I'm not going to miss that." He said.

Tonight I'm holding a ball to support a breast cancer charity. My nan was diagnosed this summer and even though she's coping well I need to think about the people who aren't.

"Hello baby" I said and turned Lola. "Mummy missed you."

"She missed you two, mum said that she was looking out for you all the time." He said. "So how are you and Chris?"

"I don't know. He's just so secretive around me and short with my friends. He's not mentioned coming tonight so I don't know wether he'll be there." I said. "I don't know what's going on."

"Did this start from something?"

"He slept out one night, and now I just don't know what's going on."

"Don't think the worst. Hold your head up and keep going."

****

I then went home, before I made my way to Dannii's salon where she had offered to give me a treatment for tonight. She did my hair and make up and then we had a chat.

I was wearing a Nike jumper and some black jeans. Casual for the salon.

"Have you seen my brother?" I said

"He came by earlier and I just told him to get his act together. He's moping around Essex when he really needs to show her what she's missing and get them back together." She said. "But how are you?"

"Not the best right now but I'm trying to get through it for tonight. Chris and I are a bit off and I don't know what to do. I'm not even sure if he's going to come tonight, but I swear if he didn't that would be the last nail in the coffin for us two."