A New Day

Riley's house, the day after, 9am.

Riley's POV

"SHE'S HERE!! MAYA HART IS IN THE BUILDING!!" I screamed, running into my parents' room.

"'Sup losers!" Maya didn't even bother to shut the door. "Hey Riles." She said while hugging me.

"PEACHES!!" I squealed. "I can't believe you're staying here for 7 days IN A ROW!! FINALLY!!" I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her from the main room to my bedroom. I hopped up and down and squealed.

"Calm down there, Smiley." She grinned and patted me on the shoulder.

I started hopping up and down and making a weird face. I was trying so hard not to freak out. At the same time I was cracking her up, so it was a 2-for 1 I guess.

Maya stared at me for a while and tilted her head to the side. "What?" Maya asked, rolling her eyes. "Okay, let it out."

I didn't hesitate. I flopped down onto the bay window. "YYYAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!" I yelled.

"Aw, I love ya, Riles." She grinned.

"Hey Maya. How are you?" Mom came into my room.

"Good Mrs. Matthews. And you?" Maya asked politely. My little peaches is growing up so fast!!

"I'm fine." Said Mom. My mom hugged her.

"Hi Maya!" Dad came into the room.

"Matthews!! How you been?" Maya punched him in the arm.

He scowled at her, but he was obviously trying to hide a grin, then she jumped into his arms and hugged him. He didn't even try to hide his smile this time. He broke into a huge grin.

"So, what do you want to do first?" I asked.

"CHARADES!!!" Maya screamed. Charades is her favorite game. We walked into the main room again to play.

Maya's POV (Playing charades in the main room)

"I'll act first, you guess!!" Riley said.

She thought for a moment, pursing her lips. Her phone went off. She read the text.

"OOH!!" She cried.

She started flapping her arms and squawking.

"BIRD!" I guessed.

She nodded, then motioned for me to proceed into more detail.

"Uhh..." I thought.

She flapped her arms again and then made a heart with her fingers and acted all lovesick all while flapping her hands around like a bird.

"LOVEBIRD! Lovebird? Why lovebird??" I asked.

She motioned towards her phone.

"OOOH OOH!! I KNOW THIS ONE!!! Phone. Text??" I guessed again.

Riley shook her head and flapped her arms again.

"TWITTER!!!!!!!" I screamed and jumped up and down. I was getting really into this!

"Riley, use your words. Oh! So now you're a mime???" I asked sarcastically.

She did the classic 'mime in an invisible shrinking box' act while I laughed like crazy.