Josh's Confession

Park; Maya's POV

Okay, Josh's head was STILL down. All I had to do was hide behind a nearby object. I snuck out from behind the tree, hoping and praying he wouldn't notice me. The next tree was 10 or so feet away. I would have to make a run for it.

I carefully stepped out and started to tiptoe to the next tree.

"Maya?" I cringed. I was only 2 feet away from the next tree when I heard Josh's deep voice coming from behind me.

"Jooosh!!" I swung around and gave him a huge, FAKE smile. "Hey, buddy! How are you? How's Cory? How's Topanga? How's Ril-" I was in the middle of a word. THE MIDDLE. And that boy had the NERVE to cut me off.

"Maya, you heard that, didn't you? Listen, I really want you to know that I don't care if Shawn comes after me or gives me those glares. I love you, and I don't give a damn if Shawn doesn't like it. He can deal with it. This isn't about him, it's about US."

"If you're saying what I think you're saying, then no, I don't want to get back together. Not yet, at least. I appreciate you turning that slu-, I uh, um, Melody  down." I spat her name out like it was acid. "But I'm not sure if I'm good for you. Even my family, I mean, they're crazy! You deserve better than me."

"Look, Maya, I-"

"No, Josh. It's over. I'm sorry. I just, I care about you, and I don't think you should be around my stepdad." I started crying silent tears.

He caressed my cheek with his forefinger, but I took his hand and slowly put it down and looked him in the eyes.

"Bye, Josh." I whispered and kissed him on the cheek. Then I ran away. I don't know what happened after that. I'm not sure if Melody came back, if he gave in, if he gave up on me, if he gave up on himself. I don't know any of that, but I guess I'll find out soon.

Sorry that was so short! I hope you liked it! I'll be updating more often now. I have midterms in school, so I get out a few hours early so I can write more.