PLOT TWIST!!

Topanga's
Maya's POV

Josh, Riley and I headed down to Topanga's to meet up with Farkle and Lucas. Josh held my hand and I held Riley's. Riley started skipping, then I started skipping to make fun of her (okay, and it's a little fun too) and then Josh started skipping to make fun of both of us. Pretty soon, our little group was skipping down to Topanga's while passers-by watched us in horror.

We skipped through the door and right away, Lucas turned around and waved at us. Farkle also noticed us and started doing weird Farkley things with his arms.

We sat down, Josh and I on one side, Lucas and Riley on another side, and Farkle on a chair on the end. We immediately started cracking jokes. Lucas started to talk to Riley and it seemed a little flirty. Riley innocently giggled and played with her hair. Josh looked disgusted that some guy he didn't know very well was talking to his niece and she was flirting with him.

"Josh. I think they like each other. Don't ruin it for them. Wouldn't you be upset if that was us and they ruined it?" I whispered.

"Yeah, but that's my little niece. I need to protect her. What would Cory do?" he whispered back.

"Probably drag Lucas out the door." I giggled. "But don't do that! Please? She's 16. I think she's old enough. It's not like he's over there makin' out with her!"
"Don't even put that thought into my head. If Lucas does that, he'll be dead before he can even explain himself." Josh grumped.
"Oh hush! It's not like you've never done that to me!!"
"Well... I have an excuse."
"Oh yeah? And what's that?" I inquired.
"You're freakin' gorgeous and I know my own intentions. I don't know his."
"Haha they don't even notice us talking behind their backs!" I tittered.
"Let's see if they notice this."
"Notice wha-" I couldn't finish my sentence. Josh lifted my chin and engaged me in a long, passionate kiss that felt like it lasted an eternity. He wrapped his arms around my middle and I put one hand on his chest, the other on his shoulder. I finally pulled away, gasping for air.
"That was hella crazy." I muttered.
Lucas and Riley had stopped talking and had been staring at us in shock.
"The hell...?" Lucas whispered. "Why would you do that??" He asked Josh.
"Do what?" Josh blinked innocently.
"Maya, you know I've had feelings for you, right?" Lucas said. Lucas' words hit me like a train going at a thousand miles an hour.
"What?" I blinked back salty tears. This couldn't be! Was he really  flirting with Riley, or was he just messing with her? Or maybe this is just a joke.
"I like you!" He blurted out.
"NO! You like RILEY. Stop it Lucas, this isn't funny!" I cried.
My eyes were stinging, filled to the brim with tears. I was trying desperately not to cry... Or punch him. Riley sat there stunned and horrified.
"Lucas... No" I whimpered. He can't do this to Riley.
"You know what, Maya, it's fine. Farkle asked me out." Riley spilled.
"He did?! OH MY GOSH!! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked.
I looked over at Farkle. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck with one hand.
"It's okay, we wanted it to be a secret, but I guess it's better that you know. I like Riley. She's so sweet and innocent. There's nobody I'd rather be with." He smiled at Riley.
Lucas stood up and gestured for Farkle to sit next to Riley. Farkle nodded gratefully and sat down in Lucas' old spot. Lucas took Farkle's spot and put his hand on mine. I yanked my hand out from under his and clutched at the collar of Josh's shirt. Josh stroked the back of my hand with a few of his fingers. Lucas huffed, most likely at Josh's sign of affection towards me.
"Maya, I'm sorry, but you have to know. I love you." Lucas said and then walked out of Topanga's.
Josh looked like he was burning up. "Josh... you okay?" I asked quietly.
"You know what? Farkle and I are going to find somewhere else to go. You two need your privacy." Riley and Farkle walked out the door.

"Do you love me?" Josh didn't look me in the eyes. He just stared at his hands.
"That's a stupid question! Of course I do!!" I answered without any hesitation.
"Good. I love you, too. I have to make a list of boys you can't hang out with!" He joked dryly. "First Andrew, now Lucas." He drifted off.
I grabbed him by the shirt collar, pulled him down, and kissed him. I let go of his collar and Josh popped back up like a dang daisy.
"Damn, you're good at that." He half-grin, half-blushed.
"Well, the day isn't over yet. Let's go somewhere!" I grabbed his hand and dragged him out the door.