YAS IT'Z VALENTINE'Z DAY PEOPLEZ! Part 1

The next morning; Josh's birthday; Valentine's Day; Matthew's Apartment

Maya's POV

Hey, I might not be the best cook in the world, but it's Josh's birthday, and I want to surprise him. I'm also not a morning person, I'm afraid of getting burned by a pan, bacon grease, splatters, ovens, and stoves, but here I go. I'm going to make Josh (and the rest of the family) breakfast.

I got up at 6am, not  morning person.

I grabbed a package of pre-cooked bacon, I'm afraid of hot splatters from bacon, but still, come on! It's BACON PEOPLE!!!! Bacon is frickin' Heaven on frickin' Earth, so it's worth it. I cooked that and got splattered a few times, but my excuse is still: 'IT'S BACON PEOPLE!' [A/N heheh I'm vegetarian so...]

I began making pancakes while the bacon was cooling off.

I heard someone yawn behind me. I spun around. It was Josh. It's ALWAYS Josh.

Josh came over to me. "Hey, what's going o- Oh Lord, that's bacon"

I giggled. "Yes. Yes it is. Happy birthday, Joshua!!"

"Thanks Papaya. I can't believe you went through all that trouble just to surprise me! I know you don't like being burned and your not a morning person." He stated.

"Yeah. How do you know that??" I asked. Is this guy stalking me?? Is he really THAT into me???!

"I talked to Riley. I wanted to get to know you, but HONESTLY get to know you. You don't tell me everything. I didn't know your dad left for a looong time. I also didn't know you were a talented artist for a while. I wanted to ask someone who knows you better than you know yourself. Riley was the perfect person for the job." He explained. "Is there anything else I need to know about you?"

"There's a lot. But I don't want my stupid, awful, broken life to get in the way of your birthday."

"Maya, you're not broken." Josh sat down on a stool and put me on a stool next to him.

"Not anymore." I said quietly.

"What do you mean?" he lifted my chin so I was looking directly at him.

"I was broken until you came into my life. I was a broken clay pot, and you're super glue. You fixed me."

TO BE CONTINUED PEOPLEZ...