3. Let's Mend Each Other

Arohi

The heat of hate and anger that radiated from his body was spinning my head. His fingers dug holes in my skin and I could feel the painful sting when the sweat flowed through those scratches.

Cursing me and gritting his teeth, he bounced above me watching my face. My tears exactly. His ruthless behavior was hurting me. My expectations and desires killed by him were hurting to realize that. I looked at his eyes.

I always saw different things in his eyes for me. Hate. Disgust. Content. Remorse. Pity. Love. And then again hate and this time he would hurt me sexually as he was doing now. This wasn't manly.

"You are not a Man! "

I don't know how it came out. It was instantaneous thought and I said that. I could see his hurt eyes. I hammered his ego.

I hammered any men's precious something. His jaw tightened and his harsh glares impel the terror in me. I shivered under him as I felt his weight to double upon me striking me down with the realization of the power that he had over me.

I was suffocating and breathing heavily in fear and in self-reproach. My breathing hitched as he suddenly caught my waist and sat up pulling me on his lap with little effort. I was akin to paper for him.

My arms wrapped involuntarily around his shoulder due to the move.

What was he going to do? Beat me? He never beat me. But today he slapped me and he would surely choke me for saying this.

I waited to take what he was to reward me for my courage. But he just stared at me.

What?

I saw his approval in that. He too believed that this wasn't masculine. But I might be inevitably wrong this time. His eyes were full of dejection, clouded with hate and hostility. These clouds were probing the path of goodness. His heart sealed a lot of love inside and showed hollow intrepidity to the world. I wonder what he thought has it gained him. Certainly, an idea of being able to capture a wife to harras her legally.

While the intrepidity that I was supposed to have to stand up against his ordinances was rather hollower than the soul that didn't anticipate letting on love to love him seemed more tragic to me. I sighed and looked at his deep and secretive eyes.

This man showed me different shades of him. Some deeply attracted me. And the one which was shouting to hug him and fill the void of his life made it even harder to hate him for what he was doing to me. I know how it was to be alone and I sensed that feeling in him. I, determined to make him mine and love him, no matter how he behaves to me decided to fill the void in his life.

Though I would say things hoping it came for him but the next instant I take it back. I knew when he will know the truth he would break with guilt and even my forgiveness won't heal him. With the cloud of misunderstanding, he felt bad, what if that cloud lifts away one day and he could see clear to what he was doing?

He will be punished that day.

His heart would never let him live a second without guilt and maybe this time he wouldn't wear a mask to hide because he will be scared to do it, to face the world again.

Would I really be gone that day?

I didn't know. I thought of running away but I knew I couldn't. His dark eyes always said I can't. And again his eyes made me stay as sometimes he couldn't hide his real self from me. And so I knew I was stupid and I wasn't leaving him.

Well I was here now and he needed a hand to hold and I wanted to be the one giving it today. I wanted to clear all misunderstandings and teach him to love.